Process Specialist, Turbine Systems
We are strengthening our Turbine Process Unit and hiring a Process Specialist. Turbine Process Unit is responsible for technical solutions of process systems in Turbine Island area, which is one of the three main project areas in the Hanhikivi 1 project. The process systems in Turbine Island consist of main and auxiliary steam distribution, turbine-generator & auxiliaries, cooling water, feed water and condensate supply & purification, auxiliary boilers and utilities.
In your position you will take technical ownership and responsibility of steam turbine process systems. This covers main and reheat steam systems, turbine and condenser with auxiliary systems such as control and protection system, gland sealing and vacuum systems and turbine bypass system. We expect that you have suitable technical education, experience of investment projects and/or engineering/operation/maintenance activities, and good communication skills. Detailed job description will be finalized based on candidate’s background and knowledge.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Leading review and approval of relevant design documentations and to involve appropriate specialists within the company or external consultants for this purpose
- Having active communication with the supplier to follow up that the design will be done in accordance with laws, regulations and standards and that supplier fulfils his EPC contract obligations
- Following up the delivery limits and interfaces between the different stakeholders
- Monitoring and being involved in important process equipment projecting
Ideal candidate for this position has
- Education: M.Sc. degree or equivalent, for example in Thermal Power or Mechanical Engineering
- At least couple of years of experience in power plants: new units planning/engineering/construction
- Knowledge of steam turbines
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing. Finnish is an advantage.
- Possibility for some travelling
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 17.8.2020: http://www.fennovoima.fi/en/recruitment/open-positions. For further information, please contact Turbine Process Unit Manager Tommi Virtanen tel. +358 20 7578 460 on Wed 12.8. at 12-13 or Psycon consultant Tapio Nieminen +358 (0)20 7101 254 on Thu 6.8. at 14-16. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region, work location transfers to Pyhäjoki later on when needed.