Process Safety Specialist
We are now looking for a
Process Safety Specialist
to join our Corporate HSSEQ Operational & Process Safety team in the head office in Espoo, Finland.
Your part in Neste journey
Neste’s Operational & Process Safety team is a corporate level function with safety professionals based in Espoo and Porvoo. The team is responsible for helping Neste in achieving and keeping leadership in safety management. We provide the company with topical and relevant expertise on plant & process, fire, occupational and marine safety as well as in develop safety leadership, culture and competencies. Our aim is to add value to our sustainable business by providing expertise and support to strategy implementation and business processes, taking critical long-term safety views into account.
We offer you a chance to join a dynamic team that is responsible for making Neste a leader in the field of safety. In addition, you will contribute to transforming the way of doing business in a safe manner and ensuring that process safety remains one of the key drivers in our corporate strategy.
In your role, you will
• Develop corporate process safety related requirements and practices as part of the corporate Operations Excellence Management System
• Provide expertise and support for business and strategic projects in implementation of process safety related matters such as for example Process Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Asset Integrity Management, Process Safety Information and Safe Work Practices
• Carry out process safety -related Operations Excellence Management System audits and provide support for Auditor network in process safety matters
• Analyze process safety data, report data trends and identify improvement opportunities
• Develop Plant & Process Safety Competency Management System and Training
• Train, coach and mentor others involved in process safety improvement activities
• Monitor process safety compliance and follow up industry standards and practices
• Coordinate global and cross-functional work groups and networks in group level process safety development activities
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Higher university degree in a suitable area, e.g. Chemical Engineering, Safety or Engineering
• At least 5 years of professional experience in industry
• Strong experience from performing process hazard analysis
• Project management skills and experience with demonstrated ability to identify and achieve against milestones, timelines and objectives
• Thorough understanding and deep knowledge in plant, process & fire safety management
• Passion for (process) safety and eagerness to continuously learn and develop
• Ability to lead, influence and inspire others across a matrix organization
• Fluent writing and presentation skills in English are required as the job includes high interaction with the key stakeholder groups and working as part of a global, cross-functional organization
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values we care, we have courage and we cooperate resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Simo Kolehmainen, Head of Operational and Process Safety, 050 458 3164.
Please submit your application by March 15th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to leave its children a healthier planet. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4 400 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.