Who we are and what we do
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our EV Systems business line we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
Here's where you'll make an impact
You will be responsible for planning, engineering and developing the key manufacturing process within an assigned area at the Salo battery plant. You take care of the overall process availability and quality output capability in addition to controlling the technical capacity, process parameters and profitability. You also ensure that the process is carried out in a cost-efficient, safe and environment-conscious manner. Furthermore, you will help to develop and deliver the work instructions for the operators in both English and Finnish languages. As needed, you may support line changes and review customer, supplier, and process changes.
We wish you to have
- Experience with Work Time Studies and knowledge of takt time
- A suitable educational background. e.g. BSc or MSc in Engineering
- A few years of experience in production or process engineering or equivalent
- As an advantage you may have experience in industrial automation, robotics and joining technology in addition to hands on experience in assembly or maintenance
- Ability to share your technical expertise and knowledge with others and to independently create new solutions with innovative thinking
- Ability to document items at a detailed level
- Attention to detail, quality, and consistency
- Good co-operative skills
- Analytical skills and experience in root cause analysis
- Experience on ramping up production is considered as an advantage
Our special extras
- An employer committed to sustainable, environmentally conscious business practices
- Performance-related annual bonuses
- Ergonomic and modern workstations
- Versatile e-learning opportunities (e.g. LinkedIn Learning and Rosetta Stone language courses)
- Free use of the gym at the Salo IoT Campus
- Electronical employee benefit ePassi, which can be used for sports, cultural and wellness services
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Engineering
Call times: 6.10. & 13.10. at 9-10 am
Please send your application by 16th of October!