Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 27.12.2019
In this role you will work in Vaisala’s Operations unit. We provide value to our customers with winning high mix-low volume supply chain network and we are passionate about driving operational excellence.
We are looking for:
We are looking for a
to support and develop weather station manufacturing. Your primary task is continuous improvement of weather station manufacturing value streams to optimize customer value, quality, productivity and profitability. You will work at Vaisala’s head office in Vantaa.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzing and developing manufacturing processes in Vaisala’s and suppliers’ production to achieve set objectives
- Continuous improvement of material and information flow in manufacturing
- Improving manufacturing lead times, quality and productivity
- Developing manufacturability and manufacturing processes for new products
- Driving selected development projects in which you lead, train and coach others.
- Supporting manufacturing teams in daily running of operations and daily problem solving efforts
- Representing manufacturing in development projects, co-operate with R&D, quality, testing and calibration engineers, manufacturing teams and other internal stakeholders
-Monitoring and developing key performance indicators for weather station production
To succeed in this role, you have the following skills and knowledge:
- Analytical problem-solving and process development skills
- Understanding of high mix - low volume manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of LEAN, CI and Six Sigma methods
- Ability to communicate both in Finnish and English and spread information throughout company
- Experience of development and ramp up of new production processes
- Multitask management skills
We are looking for candidates with strong continuous improvement mindset. You have previous experience of implementing LEAN in high mix – low volume production environment and you have understanding of systems which consist of hardware and software. You need to be able to work as an active team member, sharing and developing ideas. You also need to co-operate, communicate and influence actively with different interest groups.
You have MSc or BSc in Engineering and couple of years work experience in a relevant field.
Interested? Please send your application and CV with salary request by 12th of January 2020.