We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Process Engineer – ‘Quality and Process development’ at ABB Oy, Drive Products in Helsinki. You will be responsible for operations quality development in NPD (New Product Development) and the serial manufacturing phase. Another part of this role is to focus on production process development and continuous improvement.
• Executing statistical process control analysis (Lean six sigma) for quality development purposes
• Recognizing critical-to-quality topics for customers and business, and driving development actions derived from the analysis
• Developing quality cost concepts to support decision making
• Managing the preventive and corrective actions framework in the production environment together with key stakeholders (R&D, Product Engineering, Quality)
• Ensuring a world class internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development, for example
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering or another suitable field
• Relevant work experience from a similar position in a production environment
• Proven track record in quality development in production environment
• Strong experience in statistical analysis and tools
• Experience of Lean, statistical process control and Theory of Constraints principles
• Good organizing and cross-functional communication skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Six sigma black belt
• Experience in the SAP Production Planning module and MS Office
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by March 17, 2019.
If you have questions, contact Timo Rissanen, tel. +358 50 3323494, timo.t.rissanen(a)fi.abb.com.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com