Schibsted is an international family of digital consumer brands with more than 5 000 employees. We have world-class media houses in Scandinavia, leading marketplaces and digital services that empower consumers. Millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day.
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic person to join Schibsted Products and Technology in Finland where our most known brands are Tori.fi and Oikotie.
The Schibsted Privacy function is looking for a privacy counsel with strong interest in technology and business. Schibsted’s privacy team is currently located in Oslo and Stockholm and is an important part of Schibsted’s Data & Tech organisation and will now be established in Helsinki as well. Schibsted Privacy advises all business areas and companies in the Schibsted Group; Marketplaces (Tori, Oikotie, Finn.no and Blocket), NEXT (e.g. Lendo, Prisjakt, Mötesplatsen/Møteplassen) and News Media (e.g. VG, Aftenposten, BT, Aftonbladet, Svenska Dagbladet).
The role of the privacy counsel is to help ensure that the organization handles privacy well; complies with privacy and data protection regulations, as well as execute on Schibsted’s privacy strategy. The role will have a particular focus on monitoring the situation in Finland. The tasks includes to:
- Provide privacy advice to all companies, managers and personnel in Schibsted
- Develop and implement processes to identify and address evolving privacy and data protection requirements and risks related to Schibsted’s operations and in the development of new products and services
- Design, implement and execute privacy processes and procedures
- Assist in carrying out DPO tasks, such as handling user enquiries
- Establish documentation on privacy compliance topics, and ensure vendor control through negotiating and advising on DPAs and other critical contracts
- Advise in performing DPIAs
- Advise product and tech teams in product development on how to implement privacy by design and combining privacy with data driven products
- Actively advise and support product development teams in their design, development and implementation of user facing products involving user data, including personalization services, user privacy management and user account functionality
- Advise on marketing and adtech related personal data processing requirements
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster privacy and data protection awareness and competence within the organization and related entities, including by providing training and written procedures that are widely disseminated and made available to all employees
- Manage privacy projects and initiatives, as well as collaborate on common projects and initiatives, involving stakeholders from different business functions across the group
- Monitor the developments within privacy and other relevant regulations in Finland
The privacy counsel will be expected to undertake any other relevant duties relating to privacy in Schibsted.
The role will be based on Helsinki, Finland.
- Master’s degree
- 2-5 years experience within privacy law
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Fluency in Finnish and English
Key success factors in the role
- Be collaborative, create trust and develop privacy culture
- Share expertise and guide in a matrix organization
We can offer
We are offering an interesting and challenging job in an energetic and awesome team, where you can learn something new every day
Through close collaboration with product and tech expertise in areas raising highly complex privacy challenges at the forefront of the technical and legal landscape, this is a unique opportunity to obtain expert knowledge on privacy law.
The opportunity to be given responsibility from day one and to be trusted to deal with complex legal issues
Highly competent mentoring
Competitive salary and benefits
We like to describe ourselves as self-driven, experiment oriented, kind and happy people. We value and invest in well-being, learning, diversity and we put all our efforts in developing our product and company, ourselves - basically all the things that create our own special service and culture. We have such a great bunch of professionals with various expertise to work with and we highly value the following qualities from every colleague: teamwork skills, proactiveness, understanding diversity and openness to new experiences.
Some travel will be required.