Principal Scientist: Detection & Microfluidics Research
PerkinElmer, Wallac Oy
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 17.8.2021
PerkinElmer is currently looking for
Principal Scientist: Detection & Microfluidics Reasearch
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourage and drive collaboration across all R&D teams by staying aware of key projects, technology expertise and needs across the organization, establishing connections, facilitating expert meetings.
- Provide in-depth expertise go guide fundamental technology decisions in life science and diagnostic instrumentation, with a focus on Detection & Microfluidics.
- Work with product managers, segment leaders, and field application specialist to identify unmet customer needs and explore potential solutions.
- Plan and manage internal exploratory research projects, in alignment with R&D teams and business partners.
- Provide guidance for research projects driven by the R&D teams. Drive rapid progress, enable early decisions to accelerate, pivot or stop projects.
- Manage external research collaborations with academic, startup and industry partners.
- Monitor academic publications and commercial innovations for novel technologies in the life science space which could become relevant to PerkinElmer. Attend key conferences; build and maintain relationships to external domain experts.
- In close alignment with PerkinElmer’s Technology and Innovation team, assess external innovation opportunities based on their scientific and technical viability and IP position.
- Encourage and support innovation contributions from all PerkinElmer employees by contributing content to the Innovation Portal, assessing internal innovation proposals, and coaching in-house innovators.
- PhD in Physics, Engineering or an adjacent scientific field.
- Substantial professional experience in Life Science and/or Diagnostics research.
- Comprehensive knowledge of scientific instrument design,
with a focus on detection technology or micro-fluidics.
- Comprehensive expertise in optical detection, fluidics, and/or micro-fluidics.
- Strong communicator with cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in managing external collaborations.
- Strong professional experience in a commercial environment.
- Structured thinker, strong analytical and planning skills.