SUOMEN OSUUSKAUPPOJEN KESKUSKUNTA
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join us!
In this role you will be part of team building centralized Customer Identity and Access management (CIAM) solution for the entire S Group, used by vast amount of consumers across all business sectors in Finland on a daily basis. Our new CIAM solution consists of authentication and authorization APIs and engines, UIs built on top of all that, as well as portal for end users to manage their user information, consents and loyalty information, and few other supporting services. All of S Groups digital services will rely on services built by your team.
What we expect from you
Your daily work includes coding, working with integrations to various systems, making technology choices and contributing to various other things, such as architectural design, improving our ways of working and recruiting new colleagues. You are not afraid to learn new technologies and feel at ease both at the frontend and backend. You always keep the end customer and business in mind and create world class user experiences with scalable and secure backends. You also keep in mind the 24/7 availability of the deployed service and what is needed to secure that.
We offer you
We’d like to highlight few things that we like, and that might interest also you:
1. We think there is no other domestic company that can improve the daily life of every-day citizen as we do.
2. You have the ownership. You’re creating services directly for the end-users. You’re not visiting a project; you own the product.
3. You’re in control. Our ways of working are not set in stone. You will be continuously improving how the software is developed in one of the biggest companies in Finland.
4. The workload is reasonable, and you can choose your daily work rhythm. We like to work in the same location to create synergy and to be more efficient as a team, but remoting is also possible (During the pandemic it's the default).
5. Your work is grounded on the daily life, like shopping your groceries, fueling or staying in a hotel. This tight connection between the digital and physical world makes the work concrete and rewarding. And if you're using S Group services you can experience the results by yourself.
6. Our technical competence and wide-ranging development areas provide you with experience that will certainly be useful in your career. Within S Group you will work with different technology domains (like web, mobile, and cloud) and businesses (online retail, hospitality, service stations).
How to apply
We’ll be reading the applications as they come, make sure to send yours latest by 15.3.2021. If you want to check something regarding your position, our vision or ways of working before applying, you can chat with Ville Vehviläinen. You can reach him most conveniently by email email@example.com
SOK in short
SOK belongs to S Group, which is a customer-owned Finnish network of companies in the retail and service sectors, with more than 1,800 outlets in Finland. SOK Corporation comprises Suomen Osuuskauppojen Keskuskunta (SOK) and its subsidiaries. SOK is a central cooperative which produces expert and support services – such as chain management, product range, procurement, and marketing services – for the cooperatives of S Group. SOK is also responsible for the strategic guidance of S Group and the development of the business chains. Through its subsidiaries, SOK engages in the travel and hospitality business in Finland, St. Petersburg, and Estonia, as well as in supermarket trade in St. Petersburg and Estonia.