Principal Engineer - Wardrobe
Zalando Finland Oy
As a Lead Engineer in the Zalando Wardrobe team, you will be joining a team contributing and developing Zalando's competence in Sustainable fashion. You will be at the forefront of how we define, own and build the experience that fulfills Zalando’s customer promise on Sustainability. Ultimately, you will enable customers to live their social and environmental values through democratizing their fashion experience and enriching their consumer choices - in turn, positioning the Zalando platform as their first destination for sustainable fashion.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop and execute mid- and long-term technical vision and architectural direction to create highly scalable solutions.
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between the engineering team, product owners and business stakeholders. You partner with product owners and managers, engineering and architecture teams to influence product strategy and drive the product development roadmap.
- Attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talent to your team and transform the landscape of Zalando’s sustainability offering.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid background in software engineering with a strong understanding of core priorities, KPI’s and underlying system architecture.
- Significant experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering teams within an international, agile environment. You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented and functional programming languages with a profound knowledge of REST APIs and highly distributed, scalable and resilient microservices landscapes.
- You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
- Responsible for maintaining trustful relationship with your teams, leading them and setting a high standard as an example.
- Keeping business in mind, you are capable of making your teams accountable and responsible for decisions made by providing a strong sense of ownership.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.