We are now looking for a professional with a digital data driven mindset to work in a challenging global role based in Finland in Espoo as
PRINCIPAL CLINICAL DATA ENGINEER
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Evaluates, develops and maintains big data solutions across functional / process content areas.
- Provides study level programming and specification definition support in collaboration with programming partners (i.e., Database programmers, Statistical Analysts, Biomarker Data Scientists etc.) for design and implementation of study device data collection, ingestion, pipelining, pre-processing, and reporting.
- Works closely with the study/clinical team (study manager, study data manager, study medical expert, study monitor, statistical analysts, statistician etc.) to actively drive the gathering of business requirements to identify and implement the best suitable data flow from data ingestion, data processing/cleansing until making the data accessible for business.
- Leads study level technical programming support in collaboration with programming partners for design and implementation of study device data collection, transfer, storage, cleaning, pre-processing retrieval, and reporting
- Works with study team members to define/lead technical specifications for device study data, data quality checks and device data transformations.
- Support device data engineering tasks such as setup study device data collection, device data cleaning and pre-processing, reporting tools based on standards/ protocol device data requirements
- Ensure inspection readiness through quality oversight of vendors and high-quality deliverables on a relationship level as well as for study specific implementation
- Ensure appropriate implementation of data review tools for direct subject data source elements for study teams
Who you are
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in a natural science, statistics, computer science, math or a related field.
- At least 7 years of study and/or project level experience as a Data Engineer in supportive and leading roles, or as a project-leading role in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area.
- At least 5 years of experience should demonstrate full responsibility as a Data Engineer, or equivalent roles in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area.
- Preferably at study and/or project level experience as a Data Engineer in supportive and leading roles, or as a project-leading role in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area
- In-depth experience in public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and hands-on experience in data pipeline architecture from data ingestion to insight creation.
- Experience with Big data technology Infrastructure, Data Integration Tools e.g. Azure Data Factory, Version control systems e.g. GitLab and Azure DevOps is required.
- Experience on how to set up data ingestion pipelines and deploy systems on cloud infrastructure or on-premise hardware is required.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL databases, docker, pipelining technologies such as Azure Data Factory, and big data processing frameworks such as Azure Databricks, Data Lake and Delta Tables, Amazon's Simple Storage Service S3, Azure blob storage and Kubernetes is required.
- Advanced understanding of DevOps tasks and requirements, including design version, Design a version control strategy, Implement and integrate source control. Implement and manage build infrastructure, Implement code flow.
- Experience with platforms for distributed processing of very large data sets e.g. high resolution timeseries data.
- In-depth experience in programming on commonly used technology platforms for data acquisition and associated review, and reporting is preferable
- Strong programming environment skills / knowledge in Python / Pyspark is required; related libraries; R experience is a plus
- Data-driven mindset in the business with strong data engineering skills
- Effective written and verbal communication in English
We offer a competitive compensation, independent and challenging role in an international environment with a chance to develop your skills and experience further. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application by Sunday October 31, 2021. Candidates will be reviewed on continuous basis.
If you feel this unique role is just what you are looking for, we are keen to hear from you! For further information, please contact Luiz Giorgiani, Head of Clinical Data Management RED II, Data Sciences & Analytics, Wednesday October 6 at 14.00-15.00 (EET) and Wednesday October 13 at 14.00–15.00 (EET), phone +358 400 807868.
Functional area: Clinical Development & Operations
Seniority level: Professional
Location: This position can be filled in Espoo-Finland or Reading-UK