Principal Clinical Data Engineer
We are now looking for a professional with an innovative & strong technical programming skills with passion for data to work in a challenging global role based in a growing Data Science & Analytics (DS&A) team in Finland in Espoo as
PRINCIPAL CLINICAL DATA ENGINEER
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Serve as the key subject matter expert on topics related to data engineering activities
- The Principal Clinical Data Engineer is responsible for providing and coordinating deliverables within and across studies managed within the clinical data environment.
- Interpret protocol requirements to translate and document them into study level technical specifications
- Develop study level and study agnostic programs for setup, conduct and closeout activities in the clinical data environments
- Provision clinical study data to business consumers
- Complete all documentation associated with programming tasks (e.g. validation, report specifications etc.) in compliance with applicable SOPs.
- Ensure end-to-end data flow process where traceability requirements are met following Bayer Standards
- Perform duties in compliance with SOPs, GCP and ICH guidelines in accordance with regulatory, legal and ethical standards
Who you are
- Bachelor/Masters with proven experience in a natural science, Statistics, Computer Science
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing principles, technologies and related ETL processes
- Previous experience in Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub (LSH) preferred,
- Experience with metadata repositories, preferred
- Experience in performing ETL tasks and validating results
- Experience with a variety of programming languages including but not limited to PL/SQL, JAVA, SAS, C #
- Proven hands on experience in programming in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL, using SQL developer, TOAD or similar program development applications
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Experience with comprehensive software validation activities using different methodologies (i.e. waterfall, agile, etc.)
- Knowledge of clinical data structures (i.e. CDISC standards for CDASH, SDTM and ADaM), preferred
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills in a global environment
We offer a competitive compensation, independent and challenging role in an international environment with a chance to develop your skills and experience further. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application by Sunday August 23, 2020 via www.bayer.fi under "Meille töihin > Avoimet Työpaikat". Candidates will be reviewed on continuous basis.
If you feel this unique role is just what you are looking for, we are keen to hear from you! For further information, please contact Luiz Giorgiani, Head of Clinical Data Management RED II, Data Sciences & Analytics, Monday August 10 at 16.00–17.00 (EET) and Wednesday August 12 at 09.00–10.00 (EET), phone +358 400 807868.
Functional area: Clinical Development & Operations
Seniority level: Professional
Location: This position can be filled in Espoo- Finland, Whippany -USA