The Sibelius Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki
We are opening a call for applications to the positions of
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (1 POSITION)
for a fixed-term position of two years part-time. The contracted period is to commence on 01/08/2019 or as soon as possible as separately agreed.
Fields of research and tasks
We look for a postdoctoral researcher in the research area of:
Artistic Research in the Performance of Contemporary Music
Your task is to carry out independent research in the specified area, and to actively participate in the DocMus activities. We also expect you to take an active role in applying for external funding and publishing. The University of the Arts Helsinki research services will be available to offer support regarding writing the application.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, in addition to personal research, your tasks may also include research activity development work on behalf of the DocMus Doctoral School, such as project planning, applying for funding as well as other communal activities.
We expect you to have the following:
- a suitable doctoral degree from a Finnish or an internationally recognized university
- a demonstrated record of activities in research including publications
- a demonstrated record of artistic activities
- the skills to carry out independent research
- good presentation and interaction skills
- the ability to work as part of a team of researchers and an international research network
- the capacity and willingness to contribute to the DocMus community
- excellent English language skills
Working time and salary
The percentage of the task is 40-50 %. The salary is determined in accordance with the salary system of Finnish universities. The task-specific salary component is on level 5-6. The personal salary element of the salary is determined by the qualifications and experience of the person to be selected.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to provide all the following documents (one pdf document):
- A motivation letter (1 page, minimum font size 11).
- A preliminary research plan (maximum 4 pages, minimum font size 11excluding a bibliography), which clearly indicates your research idea and the factors which warrant its validity for implementation
- CV (maximum 2 pages, minimum font size 11) formatted according to the template provided by the Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity (TENK): see http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae
- List of publications and artistic portfolio, indicating previous research activity and any relevant artistic activity (maximum 4 pages, minimum font size 11); formatted according to the Academy of Finland’s Guidelines for list of publications: see https://www.uniarts.fi/sites/default/files/Guidelines%20for%20list%20of%20publications%20Academy%20of%20Finland.pdf
The application period concludes on 5 April 2019 at 3:00 p.m. (GMT +2). Please address your English application to the Sibelius Academy of the University of the Arts Helsinki, and send it via email along with attachments in pdf format to siba.kirjaamo(at)uniarts.fi with the title “DocMus researcher”. You will then receive an acknowledgement of receipt via email.
- For more information about the positions, please contact professor Mieko Kanno via email, mieko.kanno(at)uniarts.fi.
- For enquiries related to the application process, please contact HR officer Katja Vento via email, katja.vento(at)uniarts.fi or tel. +358 40 710 4213.