Damen Shipyards Group
The Marine & Propulsion department within Engineering is responsible for the design, specification, selection and integration of all mechanical systems on board our vessels. These mechanical systems are based upon Client requirements, rules & regulations and are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments.
The Marine & Propulsion department is part of the Engineering Department.
The main activities within this department are:
- System Design and creation of P&ID’s for auxiliary systems
- Integration of the complete propulsion train
- Integration of the HVAC installation
- Design, specification and integration of purchased parts or systems
- 3D arrangements of technical spaces (incl. maintenance aspects)
- 3D routing of piping, ducting and cabling in a CAD environment
- Support to the building yard from production till delivery of the vessel
Analyze and assess specifications, set up, model and revise engineering package(s) and/or integrate systems and supplies, report feedback and support stakeholders on technical aspects and questions within the specialism Mechanical and in line with project requirements, customer needs, technical and operations guidelines and regulations in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximize reliability quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of DSNS portfolio.
- Analyse and assess specifications and/or technical requirements related to products, systems and processes (materials, quality, environment, health, safety, design optimisation, product specifications), perform initial opportunity and risk analyses and propose and/or implement mitigations for any identified risks.
- Set up and model the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Set up and model the detailed engineering package based on basic engineering package in line with specifications, (shipyard) requirements, applicable (HSSEQ) rules, regulations and DSNS engineering standards.
- Update the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed inform, discuss and advise with technical lead, technical specialist and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Support internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions.
- Execute (parts of) projects and/or project design reviews,
- Document (maintenance) activities performed on processes, design status, installations and equipment and/or provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses on design and technical progress of documentation.
- Identify and evaluate bottlenecks in processes, designs, installations and equipment, make suggestions for improvement and, if applicable, ensure and monitor implementation after approval.
Skills & experience
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to mechanical systems.
- Experience in the engineering of high end (naval) ships or piping systems.
- Experience and broad knowledge of piping systems in shipbuilding.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Experience with statutory bodies.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in working in a 3D environment.
- Some experience in presentation techniques.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal).
If you have any questions about the job, you can send an email to Clement Poumeyrol: email@example.com