Phase1, Translational Safety Trainee
Phase1 is Orion's a paid trainee program for university and university of applied sciences students. During the summer you get inspiring tasks and get to know other trainees on events. You have also a possibility to network with other orionees through mentoring.
Description of the position
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual with a background in mammalian cell culture techniques and immunology or related disciplines to join our In vitro Toxicology team in Espoo. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical & analytical skills to work in an industry setting. You do not necessarily need Finnish for this task. The work is scheduled to start in May-June and lasts approximately 3 months.
- Plan and perform experiments under supervision of senior scientists
- Isolate & culture human peripheral blood monocytes, PBMCs, immune cell subsets and maintain cell cultures
- Culture and maintain human primary hepatocytes and assist in sample preparation for analysis
- Perform cell-based assays & immunoassays
- Work as a part of a collaborative team to support in vitro studies aimed at evaluating immunotoxicology platform.
Description of the unit
In vitro Toxicology team belongs to Translational Safety in DMPK and Safety Sciences in R&D organization. In vitro Toxicology is responsible for in vitro safety assessment for drug discovery projects.
You will have an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team and work in a modern laboratory facilities equipped with state-of-art laboratory instrumentation. You will have an excellent opportunity to learn about immune-related toxicity in drug discovery from experienced scientists while making a meaningful impact. We also offer you great colleagues and the opportunity to challenge yourself with interesting tasks. In addition to your own duties, you will get a comprehensive picture of all of Orion's activities and numerous different tasks we have. Appreciation of colleagues and continuous development are part of our core values.
Welcome to build well-being summer 2021!
- Bachelor degree completed and master degree studies ongoing or close to graduation with major in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Previous experience with mammalian (preferably primary) cell culture techniques is a must
- Technical aptitude with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability in working independently and in a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic IT skills
- Willingness to learn new things with positive can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Finnish language skills is a plus
If you interested, please apply at the latest on 31st of January 2021! You can read more information about the Phase1 trainee program and the recruitment process via Orion's website.