Phase1, In Vitro Biology TraineeOrion Oyj
Phase1 is Orion's paid trainee program for university and university of applied sciences students. The program brings together a large group of trainees from different disciplines. In addition to summer jobs, the program offers various events, networking with other trainees and Orionees, and group mentoring to support your career! Could this be the first phase of your Orion career? For more information about the Phase1 trainee program and the application process, please visit Orion's website.
Description of the position
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual with a background in mammalian cell culture techniques and cell biology or related disciplines to join our Pain Research Unit team in Turku. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical & analytical skills to work in an industry setting. You do not necessarily need Finnish for this task. The work is scheduled to start in May-June and lasts approximately 3-4 months.
- Plan and perform experiments under supervision of scientists
- Maintain cell cultures and plate and transfect cells in preparation for analysis.
- Perform routine tasks in the laboratory.
- Perform cell-based assays and help with new assay set ups.
- Perform routine screenings if needed.
- Work as a part of a collaborative team to support in vitro studies.
Description of the unit
The Pain Research Unit is responsible for initiation, validation and screening of potential new medicines. In our Unit we have In Vitro and In Vivo scientists and associates.
At Orion, you'll get a broad insight into Pain Research's field of activity. You'll also get responsibility during the summer as we offer you the opportunity to challenge yourself with interesting and varied tasks. During the summer you will also get a comprehensive overview of Orion's processes, activities and learn about different positions within the corporation.
In addition to your salary package, we offer comprehensive employee benefits such as sports and cultural benefits, and a wide range of health and beauty products in our very own staff shop.
Appreciation of colleagues and continuous development are part of our core values.
- Bachelor degree completed and master degree studies ongoing or close to graduation with major in Cell Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Previous experience with mammalian cell culture techniques is a must
- Technical aptitude with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability in working independently and in a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic IT skills
- Willingness to learn new things with positive can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than 5th February 2023. We will start interviewing possible candidates during the application time, so please ensure that we have your application as soon as possible!
If you would like to know more about the application process and timelines, please visit our website.
Welcome to build well-being with us next summer 2023!
Orion Corporation operates in more than 30 countries, where we Orionees, 3300 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.