Smartly.io is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our global People Team in Helsinki. This is an exciting opportunity to work, learn and help us further develop a successful global payroll function. In this role you will play a critical role for being responsible for currently 14 countries' payrolls around the world by coordinating and supporting the local payroll providers. Your responsibilities will include ensuring accurate payments on schedule as well as improving and aligning all processes for efficiency.
We offer you a great possibility to work in a fast-paced environment to drive and execute projects forward while collaborating with different partners in different timezones. Your role is an exciting combination of having the possibility to provide effective solutions to complex payroll challenges together with HR and Finance teams, as well as contributing hands-on activities to ensure timely and accurate payments.
Apply now as the position is filled as soon as the right candidate is found. The position is permanent. If you have questions about the position, feel free to contact our Global Payroll Lead Oili Selin (firstname.lastname@example.org +358 40 563 8694).
As Payroll Manager you will:
- Own, lead and scale all aspects of payroll management and co-operation with local payroll providers around the world to ensure timely and accurate payments
- Be in charge of monthly payroll coordination, by managing variables in payroll; expense reimbursements, company bonuses, allowances and stock options
- Support all employees and managers with payroll and HR process related questions and requests
- Be a trusted advisor in Payroll related matters
- Work closely with the local payroll providers and People (HR, recruitment, global mobility) teams, as well as the Finance (controlling, accounting, planning)
- Develop solutions and structures for payroll in our fast growing business with changing demands
- Manage accuracy of employee records in BambooHR; our current global HR software and contribute in future HRIS and payroll system projects to provide Payroll related requirements
- Work on a wide range of topical projects based on your interest and strengths
We're definitely looking for you, if you have:
- Previous experience working in Global payroll, HR and/or related roles
- Genuine interest and passion towards payroll and payroll related technology and processes
- Strong understanding of core payroll management and processes
- Solid Excel (and preferably Google Sheets) skills
- Basic understanding of employment laws and regulations affecting the payroll process (labour law and collective agreements)
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong attention to detail with result oriented mindset and an eye for continuously automating and improving the processes
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and Finnish
We are also really excited, if you have:
- Prior experience in payroll related accounting side
- Knowledge of Mepco, Procountor, Workday, and / or time recording systems
Bringing brands and people together smartly. We are building a platform that combines media buying, creative, and data to automate every step of digital advertising.
We manage 2.5B€ in ad spend and serve more than 650 brands worldwide, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. Our technology liberates marketers from manual work and allows them to focus on what matters.
As a fast-paced growth company, Smartly.io offers opportunities to maximize your learning and amplify your impact. With colleagues from 62 nationalities, you'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment built on a culture of trust, transparency, and feedback. Join our global team of over 600 Smartlies in reshaping the future of marketing. Learn more at smartly.io/careers and smartly.io/our-leadership-and-culture.
We are currently running fully remote recruitment processes due to the global pandemic. Read more here.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities
Smartly.io is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our job application procedures and working environment. If you need assistance or have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.