M-Files Oy is a leading SaaS provider of intelligent information management solutions. We are making waves in the large and growing market for intelligent Information Management Solutions. As a company we have achieved tremendous year-over-year growth and are recognized as a leader by Gartner and Forrester. M-Files is a global company with 500+ employees and 8,000+ customers with offices worldwide.
We are now looking for a structured and development-oriented Payroll Manager to join our Finance & Operations team. The preferred location of this position is in the Helsinki metropolitan area, but remote work within Finland is also possible. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
Our group has subsidiaries in France, Germany, Sweden, UK, USA, Canada and Australia. The payroll manager will play a critical role in enhancing and unifying our payroll process across the group. You will ensure with our service providers that our payroll is processed efficiently and in a timely and accurate manner. You will also ensure that our internal payroll reporting to FP&A is of high-quality and accurate.
- Own our global payroll related activities, from payroll preparation, processing to payment.
- Initiate & drive change in processes, IT systems to further align and unify our global payroll processes.
- Establish & implement controls around our payroll process
- Maintain & update our global payroll guidelines
- Ensure that payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Overseeing the local statutory reporting/compliance together with our external service providers.
- Prepare monthly payroll reports as part of our monthly financial reporting process.
- First line support in payroll related questions from within our organization.
- 3-5+ years’ experience of independently managing the payroll process for a larger company.
- Relevant degree (e.g. bachelor's degree from finance, human resources or accounting).
- Experience from supervising a team of several outsourced service providers, preferably in different countries.
- Solid understanding of the financial reporting side of the payroll process
- A proactive personality with a can-do attitude. Experience from project management/driving change. An eye for spotting improvement areas
- Detail-oriented, has a clear logical way of thinking and structured way of work
- Fluency in Finnish and English is a must. Proficiency in the languages where we have operations is considered a plus
- Prior knowledge regarding payroll in countries where we have subsidiaries is a plus. But it is most important that the person is passionate about learning and finding out new things.
- Prior knowledge/experience working with payroll systems such as Mepco, Wagepoint, Silae, DATEV, Precada and Visma Agda is a plus
Does this sound exciting to you?
Please send your application and CV along with you salary request, no later than August 15th 2021. Applications will be considered already during the process and the position will be filled as soon as we fill that we have found the right candidate. We are on a great growth track, so this is the perfect time to join M-Files and make an impact in our exciting journey!