Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are looking for a Payables Controller to join our Sourcing Operations team for a temporary position until the end of December 2020. This position is located in Tampere, Finland.
UPM Sourcing Operations is a part of Finance Operations which is a customer service oriented global function providing financial expertise for all UPM businesses and functions. We as a team drive to be operationally efficient, performing on a high level to give our very best to our both internal and external customers and stakeholders. In order to succeed in our work we are now looking for new talents to make our organization even more professional, versatile, collaborative and vibrant - ready to take in new challenges!
What you’ll do
In this role you will ensure high quality Invoice-to-Pay service delivery and compliance in your own responsibility area. You will work in close co-operation with all relevant stakeholders and process partners to ensure and deliver high-quality services and continuous improvement.
- Process purchase invoices for one of our Finnish entities and respond to related service requests as a priority
- Support teams in other Invoice-to-Pay related tasks
- Give proactive input to Invoice-to-Pay processes and tools development projects
- Ensure compliance with defined internal controls as well as with business policies and legal requirements in Invoice-to-Pay area
- Communicate proactively and co-operate actively in your own responsibility area and with other organizations and stakeholders
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in finance or other related area
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in accounting and reporting tasks
- You are fluent in Finnish and English, other language skills are an asset
- You have an organized and controlled way of working, capability to ensure compliance to internal and external requirements and you are able identify risks in your own area
- You have collaboration and team-working skills with flexible and positive attitude towards changing environment
- You have self-leadership skills and are not afraid to take initiative
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Tampere, Finland and is temporary until 31.12.2020.
For further information, please contact during the working hours Manager, Invoice to Pay, Topi Ahlroth, email@example.com or +358403506337.
We are looking forward to receive your application. To apply, please submit your application via the link above at the latest on 07.07.2019.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.