Patent Engineer, IPR Management
The IPR management team is responsible for VTT’s IPR portfolio management and commercialization support. We operate as part of the Business Support function and manage both VTT’s patent and IPR license portfolios. We are also responsible for supporting the innovation process, from the idea to technology transfer.
We are now looking for an experienced and motivated Patent Engineer to help VTT to protect its unique technologies on AI, data solutions, electronics, semiconductors and sensor technologies.
With us you will be responsible for
- Managing the invention handling and patenting processes of VTT inventions in AI, data solutions, electronics, MEMS and sensor technologies.
- Running patent teams to ensure effective investments to patent VTT’s most valuable inventions and technologies in your area
- Supporting IP based value creation and business development as well as IPR and technology sales of your portfolio in coordination with sales, research teams and research support organizations.
You will be part of the IPR Management Team with two other patent engineers, four IPR managers and three supporting IPR professionals. As a team, we typically work in close collaboration with the sales, research teams, technology managers, and other business support functions, as well as with VTT’s customers.
We expect you to have
- Experience in successful invention handling and patent prosecution of new technologies on your area
- Understanding of computer implemented inventions on data solutions, semiconductors, electronics, MEMS and sensor technologies
- Good communication skills
- Experience of managing patent portfolios
- Deep understanding on EPO prosecution process and rules is seen as a benefit
- Collaboration skills are your strength. You have the ability to focus on the essentials and motivate top researchers and various stakeholders as well as work in a timely and organized manner to meet your objectives.
As a person you are
- motivated and driven to create value based on top research
- effective communicator both internally as well as externally
- an active team player with a service minded attitude
- capable of independent work and managing multiple tasks in parallel
- enthusiastic to work in an ambitious and international environment
We also appreciate a proactive attitude towards developing our operation and the capability to challenge things to improve the ways of working.
Interesting opportunity to be in a key role in creating value and business with IPR and have great insight in VTT IPR and technology arising from top-level research.
Opportunities to develop your skills within professional and committed IPR and technology transfer team.
You will also be deeply involved in continuous development of creating value from technology and IPR.
VTT is a place to make a difference in collaboration with other brilliant minds. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry. Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us.
With us you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1330385
- Tehtäväalue: IT/tietoliikenne, Tekniikka, Tutkimus/kehitys
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Espoo
- Lisätietoja antaa: Please contact Pauli Laitinen (Team Leader, IPR Management), mobile: +358 40 181 2752, Tuesday 21.1.2019 between 9-10 or on Tuesday 28.1.2019 between 9-10. We look forward to hearing from you: Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system by Jan 31th at the latest.