Packaging Development Manager
Are you Packaging Development Manager, Finland and Baltics, with an appetite for more?
Our Marketing and Innovations team in Helsinki Salmisaari is looking for a packaging professional who is hungry to work with retail and Food Service packaging in our Cluster that is specialized in frozen bakery products. Packaging Development Manager will report to Marketing Director Finland and Baltics.
We need you to lead the way
In this role you will be responsible for executing and developing our packaging strategy and implementing packaging solutions aligned to our sustainability agenda. You will work in close co-operation with marketing and product development team, operations and procurement. You will have a strong input in developing our packaging to achieve cost-effective, end-to-end results to match our targets. You will also give your holistic view and contribution to support relevant long-term planning of overall business.
These are your tasks in essence
-Executing and developing our packaging strategy and vision
-Focus on sustainability
-You will bring strong input into developing our packaging solutions for our customers and consumers
-You will implement packaging solutions from ideation to implementation
-Follow-up of legislation, trends, innovations and supplier capabilities to create a packaging vision and needed activities within the organization
-You create strong networks with suppliers to capture novelties, new solutions and trends
-Discovery and alignment of the possibilities in material, decoration, cost and supply chain to meet the holistic/strategic target for the product
-Implementation of new packaging materials, technical solutions and processes
-Development of our packaging processes and materials for efficiency and continuous improvement
What is needed to be successful in this role?
Our people are distinguished by passion for bakery business and delicious products. We need you to share this passion and belief to convey it to our packaging. You are a person that is able to deliver while maintaining clear focus, especially to our customers and markets. You already know how to make a difference, whether that is in the market or inside the business.
- Good communicator, network facilitator and fluent in your interpersonal skills
- Creative but able to prioritize business skills when necessary
- Process driven and able to understand supply chain setup and bakeries with scale
- Able to execute and drive results
- Equipped with excellent project management skills
- Fluent in English and Finnish. Swedish and Estonian language skill is an advantage
- Academic degree and minimum 5 years of experience with packaging
- Well-developed knowledge of relevant business and competitive differentiators
- Packaging material and process knowledge for effective execution of projects
- Understanding of package manufacturing processes cost structure and supply-chain factors
- Packaging food safety knowledge
- Packaging material end-of-life process knowledge for sustainability focus (for circular economy)
- Strategic development of packaging solutions with current and new suppliers, to keep value adding and capability threshold high
This is what we offer you
First and foremost we are a career bakery, kneading your professional development like the best bread dough. In our business we encourage your growth and ask you to challenge us, as well as yourself. We are a group of dedicated individuals with a passion for baked goods and appetite for more. In this position we offer you a job in an exciting
environment with diverse projects and delicious products. We are a fun team that is located in Helsinki Salmisaari. In this role you will benefit from working with both local and international teams and with a network of professionals in the Baltics and Finland. Are you one of us?
Apply to job by sending an application in English and attach your CV with expected salary.
The last application date for the role is on Sunday February 7th , 2021. For further information please contact Marketing Director Salla Eklund, best available on Monday 25th at 16-17.00 or on Thursday 28th at 16.-17.00 tel +358 40 5932664.
Lantmännen – Growing together from Field to Fork.