Packaging Design & Innovation Manager
Rapala VMC Corporation
Would you like to manage the full lifecycle of packaging development for market-leading, iconic brands? Are you passionate about creating sustainable and functional yet appealing designs? Rapala VMC Corporation is now looking for a PACKAGING DESIGN & INNOVATION MANAGER to join the global Product development team based in Helsinki.
In this position you will play a key role regarding all initiatives for new, revised and existing packaging. Your role will cover the whole cycle of packaging development including evaluating market trends as well as finding ways towards more sustainable packaging. You will work together with a skilled, cross-functional team of professionals and cooperate with many internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Leading the design process (brainstorming, sketching and creating prototypes)
- Managing packaging initiatives and ensuring consistency with each brand’s guidelines as well as finding opportunities for packaging harmonization
- Crafting a packaging strategy that will help to reduce the carbon footprint of all of our products
- Acting as a project manager for all packaging projects and working as the coordination point between product development and marketing team
- Evaluating consumer and market trends for packaging materials
- Collaborating with marketing and creative teams to create eye-catching designs
- Managing package testing with production units and quality assurance (distribution simulations, material performance, benchmarking and package/product interaction)
- Investigating packaging issues together with quality assurance
At Rapala VMC you get to work with quality brands that are loved by millions of consumers around the globe. The group is aiming to become one of the leading fishing tackle companies in the world in terms of sustainability by 2024, so you also get to play an important part on that front. The variety of materials and products keeps the everyday work interesting. The working culture is casual and our environment truly international. Once we find a great catch, we want to encourage a long career path by offering possibilities for career development. In addition to this we offer all the basics like flexible working hours/remote work, benefits and employee discounts.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in material sciences, industrial design, graphic design, or a related field
- Strong expertise regarding package development, design and testing
- Good understanding regarding different materials
- Proficiency with some 3D-modeling software. Adobe Creative Suite skills are a bonus
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects and programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Is this the opportunity you have been looking for? Please, submit your CV and application letter with a salary request (in English) by email to email@example.com by January 31st, 2021 at the latest. Submitting a virtual portfolio is highly appreciated. For further information, you may contact VP, Product Development & Innovations Alban Choinier by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note, that we will proceed as soon as we find a suitable applicant, so please apply soon!