1. Develops and facilitates relationships and collaborative networks with external stakeholders ensuring Roche is the preferred partner
- Drives scientific knowledge exchange with global experts and across scientific networks at global and affiliate level, including medical education activities, as appropriate, acting as “the face of Roche” with scientific stakeholders and an ambassador for the values of the organization
- Establishes and maintains scientific collaborations with key external stakeholders (including patient organizations, global and local scientific societies, academia, thought leaders and policy and access stakeholders, as appropriate)
- Overcomes barriers to facilitate collaborations between customers and the organization, executing activities with customer centricity as a core principle
- Identifies and progresses key opportunities for increased collaboration and cooperation with and between internal and external stakeholders at global and affiliate level
2. Engages and educates Investigators and site staff to enable and expedite successful delivery of clinical development programs of the Port Delivery technology and science
- Drives scientific engagement with clinical trial sites on the protocol/development plan according to the Instructions For Use (IFU) to accelerate data delivery by ensuring confidence and motivation of site staff
- Works closely with global and affiliate Clinical Operations and Clinical Science to ensure appropriate and efficient alignment, coordination and communication by attending all phases of implantation/refill/explantation of the surgical device, being present in the Operating Room and clinic to instruct and support the Investigator, operating and clinical staff to ensure procedures are performed according to protocol requirements. Provides also continuous remote and/or on-site support and training of surgical staff to ensure appropriate use of the device/system according to the IFU
- Disease area training of internal staff
- Suggests innovative approaches to investigation design, recruitment, retention and data collection, and gathers investigator feedback and insights to optimize clinical development performance and customer experience
- Provides field medical engagement support for IIS, compassionate use programmes and data strategies that support access activities
3. Provides real-time insights and ground level understanding of the disease area landscape across countries to better inform cross-functional strategies
- Executes insights gathering activities to address knowledge gaps (including advisory boards, steering committees, Virtual Reality training academies, proactive insight gathering plans, external customer surveys, as appropriate)
- Maps and profiles external stakeholders to inform and build engagement plans aligned with customer needs, ensuring the customer perspective is incorporated in strategic and tactical decisions
- Builds a comprehensive understanding of the local environment
- Proactively updates the organization’s understanding of developments in the disease area, the landscape, clinical practices, clinical management, research and the patient/career experience
- Gathers and disseminates in a timely manner information on competitor activities in the field
4. Partners with global cross-functional colleagues and affiliates to enhance launch readiness and support Surgical Excellence deployment in the assigned countries
- Accelerates the understanding of the disease area ecosystem of the device industry
- Supports understanding and alignment with the global strategy to drive effective affiliate planning and decision making
- Supports the local implementation of field-based activities of the global deployment of Surgical Strategy and Excellence in compliance with all local requirements and harnessing insight into different cultures and healthcare systems
- Initiates and drives seamless transition when the TA program meets the threshold for affiliate handover in collaboration with affiliate partners by sharing local insights, training new staff, supporting connections and facilitating relationships between key customers and local affiliates
5. Contributes to the high performance and innovation of the GSDL team and the broader Global Medical Collaboration function to optimize customer experience and to evolve to meet the needs of the organization
- Contributes to the team spirit and climate by acting with entrepreneurial and inclusive spirit, fostering innovation and collaboration to develop new approaches to enhance customer experience, ensuring efficient internal collaboration to capitalize on best practices
- Maintains the highest standards and level of scientific expertise in the team by contributing to the on boarding of new team members and continuous learning activities (e.g. journal clubs, congresses updates, updates/trainings on ophthalmic surgery procedures)
- Gives feedback on and contributes to team/function specific working practices, standards and innovation
- Liaise cross-functionally with the other teams in PDMA, PD, pRED/gRED, Commercial, International and Affiliates, providing input and support as required
High volume of travel within NORDICs and international travel required (up to 70-80%).
- Degree in science or related field (preferred: Postgraduate degree, such as PhD, MSc, MD, MBA). Strong ophthalmology background preferred, including experience directly supporting ophthalmic surgery with ophthalmic surgeons.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical professions, which should include experience in an ophthalmology-related industry at global / affiliate level, with 2 year or more experience in a field customer-facing role. Experience in Medical Affairs, Product Development or Early Development.
- Track record of scientific collaborations with external experts and/or collaborative groups. Drive to maintain highest standards of scientific and clinical knowledge in assigned therapeutic areas drawing on a range of sources including publications, meetings, conferences, interactions with TAEs, ongoing discussion with affiliates.
- Expert knowledge of processes and procedures for clinical trial engagement for corporate sponsored and independent supported studies. Strong knowledge of global and local regulations, guidelines, GXP standards and other important business intelligence resources, as well as solid knowledge of drug safety / pharmacovigilance.
- Proactivity in monitoring the external landscape to understand and communicate trends, competitive activity, risks and opportunities.
- Demonstrated customer centric mindset and behaviors, initiative and accountability. Ability to effectively present and communicate to different stakeholders and excellent interpersonal skills, to build strong sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work across team, geographic areas, business settings and culture, including in a virtual environment. Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills, with the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Proven project management skills to lead projects to successful conclusion demonstrating initiative and accountability.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as local languages.
- Ability to travel to Norway / Denmark / Finland to attend all training and surgeries for the trial
For more information contact:
Fiona L. Grant BSc PhD
Global Medical Collaboration Team Leader – Ophthalmology
email@example.com+44 (0)7917 474640