We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an Operative Purchaser at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators in Vaasa. In this position, your main responsibility will be purchasing materials and components to assembly lines. We offer you an interesting position in a professional and supportive team of SCM specialists and the opportunity to develop your skills in supply chain management.
• Ordering of production materials and components
• Cooperation with suppliers
• Optimization of supply
• Maintaining an optimal level of inventory
• Forecasting volumes and value stocks
• Monitoring quality and resolving claims
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• Minimum level B.Sc. in a relevant field
• A few years’ experience in purchasing or supply chain management
• Customer-oriented attitude
• Ability to work in a team and a big organization under high pressure
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of SAP R/3
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66998377 by January 17, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Markku Mäenpää, tel. +358 50 334 3455.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com