Operations Development Director
A Taste of Who We Are:
We serve the world’s most demanding fork. That means creating tastier lives for our customers, both today and tomorrow, while ensuring sustainability, quality and social responsibility in alignment with our Nordic heritage.
As a member of our family of over 7000 employees from diverse backgrounds, you are supported by inspiration, leadership and care to help bring this vision to life. We believe providing professional opportunities and development, encouraging innovation and enabling collaboration throughout the organization contributes to a rewarding and evolving working environment.
We lead the way in ensuring positive social and environmental impact. Our value chain extending from farm to fork, offers an extensive variety of professional opportunities, from ethical animal sourcing to innovative consumer marketing. With focus on the advancement, safety and health of our people, we empower you to fulfill the growing needs of the world’s most demanding fork.
Operations development director leads operational excellence program in Finland with tight business unit collaboration. One of the key tasks is to contribute strongly to the development of HKScan level operation excellence tools and way of working. Key success factor is to have strong business and process competence from meat business and to be able to share best practices and findings from all sites in the company. Also contribution to different studies in Strategic business Development function will be included in this role.
Your main responsibilities:
- Running and developing observations process (process studies to propose actions) in Finland
- Main support for One Plan (operational excellence program) process and tools in Finland
- Developing operations development and LEAN tools
- Reducing losses by investigating processes, making improvement proposals and executing development actions (time, raw materials etc.)
- Participating in observations in all countries
You will report to Paavo Räsänen, VP Operational Excellence and Investments
What we expect from you:
- University (Bachelor degree) level OR Vocational
- Relevant experience required: 5+ years
- Expertise in LEAN (black belt or green belt counted as advantage)
- Expertise in working methods and processes (especially from cooked / processed products)
- Must have working level English skills
What you can expect from us:
We are an employee-focused organisation and that means we believe we perform our best when we collaborate with one another. Our Leaders know that they are not sole vessels of wisdom; we learn and grow from one another together. When working at HKScan expect to be challenged and be prepared to challenge us.
Please note, that we expect from the selected person an approved health check, which may include a drug test.
We will start processing applications during application period
Contact Person for this role: Paavo Räsänen tel. + 358 40 570 1100 or email email@example.com
Contact period: 14.1 between 15-16 and 17.1 between 15-16
Visit our website: www.hkscan.com
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact:
Tarja Laine, HR Manager +358 40 867 4440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application and CV with your salary request by 26.1.2020