To continuously improve our performance with operations, we are now looking for an analytical and business-minded
to join our Operations Analytics team to Finnair headquarters in Vantaa. The team is responsible for providing insight into operations decision-making at Finnair as well as improving operations performance with the use of data across the organizations. The team is part of Finnair's Operations unit.
In this role, you will develop, automate and maintain reporting and dashboarding from various data on Finnair’s data platform. You will regularly produce quantitative and qualitative inferences from analytics and translate it to business requirements, dashboards and reports together with Business Managers.
Performing strategic and tactical analyses from all operations and other relevant data and bringing actionable insights to stakeholders within Finnair, supporting its operations, decision making and process development is also important part of your role.
As Operations Analyst, you will work together with both our development and operational teams. In addition, you will participate in Operations unit’s concept, product, tool and process development projects. You will report to Director, Operations Analytics.
If you are interested in employing your analytics expertise to improve Finnair’s decision-making, this role might be yours. To be a good fit for the role, we hope you are an analytical and proactive team player who is passionate about analytics, improving airline operations and customer experience.
Our expectations towards you:
- Bachelor's or Master's (preferred) degree from a relevant field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, econometrics, engineering) with strong background in mathematics
- Experience preferably 2-3 years in analytics. Science, business studies and analytics is a favourable background
- Strong aptitude for business intelligence, analytics and reporting
- Capable of solving business problems with analytical solutions together with stakeholders
- Capable of translating complicated trends and data into useful visualizations, conclusions, recommendations and business language
- Highly numerate, goal oriented and high level of logical thinking
- Basic statistics, database and programming skills
- Familiar with at least one analytical software or tool, such as R
- Experience in SQL, cloud environment, advanced Excel skills, Power BI preferred
- Ability to make fact-based and structured decisions in a hectic environment
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to work with tight schedules and have self-direction
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
We offer you an exciting opportunity in the multifaceted, fast-changing aviation and travel industry. This is a great time to join our Operations unit and contribute to our strategic initiatives building great experiences for our customers. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
Please submit your application and salary expectation with your CV and motivation letter attached no later than on Sunday, December 8th at www.finnair.com/jobs.
For more information, please contact Director, Operations Analytics Mika Tiilikainen (+358 40 562 7071) on Thursday, November 28th between 2-3 pm or on Wednesday, December 4th between 9-10 am. You can also send your questions to Talent Acquisition Consultant Helka Rytkönen (firstname.lastname@example.org).