OP Development & Technologies Open Application / Helsinki Area
Open Application to OP Development & Technology
What if you could be involved in creating mobile services that have as many as one million users per month? Services that make everyday life easier for nearly half of Finland. What if you could work as a part of an autonomous team in a working culture that supports your professional growth?
With over 1,000 software and service development experts, we are at the forefront of driving the biggest change in the Finnish financial sector by taking digitalization to the next level, and while moving to the cloud.
We are now looking for technical talent at all levels; Developers, Web Full Stack Developers, Test Automation Engineers, Lead Developers, Tech Leads and specialist of DevOps, cyber security and data governance and many more. Check all our open vacancies here >>
How OP will make your work-life better?
At OP we are building a combination of a technology house and workplace culture that not only enables but also encourages you to develop, innovate, influence, and grow professionally.
We have organized ourselves as autonomous, customer-focused teams with well-defined goals. Cross-functional teams will have end-to-end responsibility for achieving goals and for development too. Transparency and shared practices will enable our teams’ autonomy. Openness supports learning. Feedback and experimentation are part of daily work. Managing is about coaching and enabling.
There are many opportunities for you to join our journey and to mention a few, you could work on
- The development of our mobile or desktop banking applications
- Modern cloud and data storage solutions that enable new innovations
- Big Data, Cloud analytics, machine learning and AI
- Architecture and technology environment modernization
- Improving our software delivery performance
Do you see yourself working with us?
Then how do you know you will succeed and enjoy working with us? To support our evolving organization culture, we expect great communication skills from all our colleagues, as well as an ability and willingness to help others understand technical matters. We all share enthusiasm for learning and the ability to acquire new skills and technologies.
Working as a part of an autonomous team you will need hands-on attitude which in action means taking responsibility, working transparently, bringing your own ideas to the shared table and getting things done. Clever sense of humor is an asset but not required.
To pinpoint the most important skills and competencies, you will need:
- Solid results from your existing or previous roles in your area of expertise (software and product development, data management, advanced analytics & AI, service/project management, etc.)
- Solution orientation and creativity in finding ways to solve complex problems
- Professional working proficiency in English – fluent Finnish language skills are considered a bonus.
What we offer you?
When our employees are asked what the best aspects of their work are, most often the answer is co-workers. Our work community at OP is an interesting and versatile mix of banking professionals, developers, product owners, service designers, business architects, and other experts. You have the possibility to enhance your own skill set while working with highly talented team members.
Need to work from home one day, leave early or to come in late? We respect the balance between work and other aspects of life. We work to live a good life and it is in our values too: People First. Also, you might appreciate the benefits and discounts on OP’s own products, comprehensive occupational healthcare, and our sport and cultural benefits.
Reach out to us!
Do you feel that a role in the heart of fintech might match your goals? Let’s get to know each other! Send us an Open Application through the link below. We will be in touch with you as soon as we have processed your application. We hope to hear from you soon! And if you happen to know someone in your network that might also be interested, please don’t hesitate to pass this message forward!
…and before applying – if you want just to take a look how we are doing, please check these:
- OP’s corporate culture and community spirit are strategic success factors for us, and job satisfaction at OP is high. Here you'll find more information on innovation and development at OP.
- And if you're interested in making the best out of tech in finance, find your way to OP Tech podcast (currently only available in Finnish, hopefully soon in English also): OP Tech Podcast
OP is the leading financial services group in Finland and pioneer of the industry's digital transformation. Owned by our customers, we are the largest financial sector employer in Finland. OP Financial Group employs over 12,000 professionals and provides banking, wealth management, insurance, and healthcare services for our more than four million customers.