OP Development & Technologies Open Application / Helsinki Area
Open Application to OP Development & Technology
What if you could be involved in creating mobile services that have as many as one million users per month? Services that make everyday life easier for nearly half of Finland? What if you could work in a developer community that wants to live and breathe the future, and agility?
With over 1,000 software and service development experts, we are at the forefront of driving the biggest change in the Finnish financial sector and providing our customers with top notch banking and insurance services.
We are now looking for technical talent at all levels; Developers, Web Full Stack Developers, Test Automation Engineers, Lead Developers, Tech Leads, and specialist of DevOps, cyber security, and data governance
There’s a lot of interesting things happening at OP. We are building a combination of a technology house and workplace culture that not only enables but also encourages you to develop, innovate, influence, and grow professionally.
We have organized ourselves as autonomous, customer focused teams with well-defined goals. Cross-functional teams have end-to-end responsibility for both achieving these goals and their own development. Transparency and shared practices enables our teams’ autonomy. Openness supports learning. Feedback and experimentation are part of daily work. Managing is about coaching and enabling.
There are many opportunities for you to join this change! You could work on the development of our mobile or desktop banking applications for example. Or perhaps you are interested in modern cloud and data storage solutions that enable new innovations? Big Data, Cloud analytics, machine learning and AI? What else: you could be a part of architecture and technology environment modernization, or creating software delivery performance. Then of course there is DevOps, where we build services, that are constantly improving and evolving, responding to change, always available and recovering quickly.
What we hope from you
- Proven history of getting things done
- Great attitude and communication skills towards your colleagues and team
- Solid results from your existing or previous roles in your area of expertise (software and product development, data management, advanced analytics & AI, service/project management, etc.)
- Ability to help others understand technical matters
- Solution orientation and creativity in finding ways to solve complex problems
- Enthusiasm about learning and the ability to acquire new skills and technologies
- Professional working proficiency in English, fluent Finnish language skills are considered a bonus
- Clever sense of humor is an asset but not required
What we offer
When our employees are asked what are the best aspects of their work, the answer is almost always co-workers.
You can always count on your colleagues’ support – they are always there to help you when needed. Our work community at OP is an interesting mix of banking professionals, developers, product owners, service designers, business architects and other experts. Therefore, we have a very positive dynamic and synergy when seeking solutions from many different angles. You have the possibility to enhance your own skillset while working with highly talented team members.
OP is about balance: we respect the balance between work and other aspects of life. Need to work from home one day? Need some time to leave early or to come in late? OP is the right place for you.
Also, you might appreciate the benefits and discounts on OP’s own products, comprehensive occupational healthcare and our sport and cultural benefits.
Reach out to us!
Do you feel that a position in the heart of fintech might match your goals? Let’s get to know each other.
Please check our open positions first from here and apply directly to the position which best matches your skills and experience. And if you do not find your ideal position there, please apply here to this Open Application! We will be in touch with you as soon as we have processed your application. We hope to hear from you soon! And if you happen to know someone in your network that might also be interested, please don’t hesitate to pass this message forward!
…and before applying – if you want just to take a look how we are doing, please check these:
- OP’s corporate culture and community spirit are strategic success factors for us, and job satisfaction at OP is high. Here you'll find more information on innovation and development at OP.
- And if you're interested in making the best out of tech in finance, find your way to OP Tech podcast (currently only available in Finnish, hopefully soon in English also): OP Tech Podcast