Nuclear Safety Engineer, Probabilistic Risk Assessment
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
We are looking for a Nuclear Safety Engineer to join the Probabilistic Risk Assessment (PRA) and Hazard Analysis unit in our Nuclear Safety department. The unit is responsible for PRA, failure tolerance analyses and hazard analyses. As Nuclear Safety Engineer your responsibilities include developing and reviewing PRA and other analyses related to failures and hazards. In your work you will solve problems both independently and as part of an expert team. Your exact tasks will be determined based on your competences.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Supporting the plant vendor in developing PRA and hazard analyses and reviewing the analyses
- Cooperation and communication with the plant vendor, authorities and consultants
- Developing further Fennovoima's capabilities in PRA and hazard analyses
- Other various tasks related to PRA, other analyses, hazards or nuclear safety
The ideal candidate for this position has
- Master’s degree or post graduate degree, in technology, engineering physics or mathematics or similar field
- Several years of work experience in tasks related to nuclear safety (for example safety analyses) or nuclear engineering. Knowledge of PRA is an advantage.
- Knowledge of VVER plant technology
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements in the nuclear field
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing. Finnish is an advantage.
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 18.1.2021. For further information, please contact Reliability Manager Mikael Biese tel. +358 (0)20 757 8605 on Mon 4.1. at 12-13 or on Thu 14.1. at 14-15.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Helsinki or Pyhäjoki.