We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will be responsible for new product development (NPD) sourcing-related tools and processes and their development. You will own, develop, and optimize a range of processes; develop, discover and maintain tools and solutions; lead performance improvement initiatives, and support supply chain management and local product group (LPG) operations of local business units (LBU). Therefore, you will need good networking, teamwork, and time management skills. You have a strong analytical approach to problem solving and are able to carry out quantitative analyses, as well as make clear reports and presentations.
• Support the NPD focused sourcing team by developing tools & processes which enable better cooperation between NPD and SCM
• Lead the implementation of continuous improvement ideas by the NPD team
• Ensure that the Drives Gate model SCM part is properly applied to NPD projects
• Learn fluent usage of a selection of SCM related tools and prepare to support other team members in their usage
• Design and implement new reporting & analytics solutions. Coordinate the development work with external consultants when needed
• Be close to the NPD team to observe any arising needs for development
• Network within the ABB SCM community to get new ideas & best practices to copy and implement
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or economics
• Good knowledge of NPD processes: Design, Project Management, Project Support
• Continuous drive for improvement and ability to question existing processes and practices
• Excellent skills in MS Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI and in all standard MS Windows programs
• Basic understanding of SAP
o MM module (Materials, Purchase orders, Forecasts, Vendors)
o SQ01 Query creation
• Experience from basic Sharepoint site maintenance and development
• Good argumentation, communication and presentation skills in English
• Good skills in networking, team work and time management
• Dynamic, broad-minded and results-oriented attitude
• Strong analytical skills
Ideally, you have
• Several years’ experience and demonstrated success in the development of supply chain tools and processes, preferably in mass production
• Experience in Lean Product development and leading Kaizen events
• Green belt in Six Sigma
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65088455 by May 24th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mikko Pelttari, tel. +358 50 3328948 on May 15th at 12:00-13:30 (EET) or May 21st at 09:30-11:00 (EET).
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com