Outotec (Finland) Oy
We are looking for new talent to join our development team for HSC Chemistry at our Pori Research Center. HSC is a unique Windows software package for modeling and simulation of chemical, metallurgical and mineral processing technologies. It is the basic tool to design processing plants and analyze their performance, costs and environmental footprint. The same powerful simulation engine may also be used to create digital twins to optimize process operation, make predictions and train operators. Read more about HSC at www.outotec.com/HSC
Modeling and simulation is part of Outotec’s Digital Solutions Platform – a team of over thirty software professionals focused on solving real-world challenges to improve safety, performance and sustainability of our customers’ operations. We use a multitude of different technologies such as machine vision, physics and chemistry-based simulation, advanced process control and optimization, IoT and connectivity, analytics and machine learning, and a web portal to deliver our digital services.
See more about us at dev.outotec.com!
As .NET Developer, you will:
- Develop the process calculation modules and user interfaces in an agile development team using .NET technology for Windows applications
- Design solutions together with your team members
- Work on the engine that drives our future simulation-based digital solutions for training, prediction and optimization
- Work together with the users to build the best possible simulation tool for their known and unknown needs
- Join a diverse team full of skills and passion, ready to support you at every turn
- Enjoy agility within a large corporation – small enough to feel like home, large enough to have impact
- Contribute to our ways of working
- Learn, grow and develop yourself with training, courses, seminars, books and real project work
- Act in a flexible environment where trying out new things and roles are encouraged
To succeed, you will need:
- Work history in developing commercial Windows desktop applications, preferably with .NET technologies
- Familiarity and experimentation with diverse technologies such as cloud platforms and web technologies
- Real interest in solving challenges and taking pride in the products you build
- Skills and willingness to express your own opinions and to justify them, for supporting decision making and developing the ways we work as a team
- Learning and experimentation as a habit to develop and adapt to the changing environment
- Knowledge of chemistry, physics or mathematics is not required, but basic understanding can help when implementing more advanced algorithms or when interacting with technology advisors.
We want to make the world a better place by enabling our customers to produce minerals and metals as efficiently as possible while minimizing the environmental impact! Join us in our quest and apply now – we will fill the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Location: Finland / Pori
Organization: Operational Excellence
Employment type: Permanent, Full time
For more information:
Director – Modeling and Simulation
Phone: +358 40 833 8099
Opening date: 2019-10-03
Closing date: 2019-11-17