Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The Nordic Development Fund
Do you want to work with international development and climate change financing? Do you want to support people and countries most in need and work with sustainable change for a better world?
The Nordic Development Fund now seeks a MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST. This position is new and part of the Quality Assurance and Reporting department within NDF.
Your main responsibilities as Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist:
• Support the development and launch of NDF’s Indicator and Result Measurement Framework (RMF). Coordinate the implementation of NDF’s RMF
• Coordinate collection of data and results, analyse result indicators and prepare reporting
• Prepare information and communication (internal and external) concerning results
• Identify knowledge needs in NDF in the area of Monitoring & Evaluation and organise and conduct training as necessary
• Train staff, in particular Program Managers, in ensuring NDF - RMF is incorporated in all operations
• Prepare and execute training of all staff and in particular Program Managers to ensure accurate data collection
• Contribute to knowledge sharing efforts through conferences, working groups etc.
• Ensure that NDF-financed activities are in compliance with the new NDF-RMF
• Provide day to day advisory services to NDF staff in the area of monitoring and evaluation
• Support work on NDF monitoring and evaluation policies and guidelines
• Participate in strategic partnerships and networks in the area of M&E with other entities such as the bilateral and multilateral agencies, including MDBs
• Prepare responses to relevant audits, evaluations and reviews that relate to M&E
• Prepare memos and other documents as needed
• Support the Department Director in overseeing the overall compliance with the NDF-RMF including M&E policies and guidelines
• Perform other duties assigned by the Managing Director and / or Department Director
• Master’s degree in Social Science or other relevant studies
• A minimum of ten years of experience within development cooperation and a minimum of five years of specific experience within M&E work
• International experience in an organisation with focus on development and / or emerging markets
• Experience in operational work in developing countries
• Trainer / capacity-building experience
• Fluent in English. We value working knowledge of Spanish and/or French. Proficiency of one or more Scandinavian languages is seen as a plus
In addition, we value:
• Strong oral and written presentation skills
• Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of climate change issues
• A genuine interest in working in an international development context
• Positive pro-activeness and team spirit
• The preferred start is as soon as possible after the summer
• Significant international travel must be expected
We offer you:
• Challenging, interesting and varying tasks in a dynamic and international working environment
• A unique opportunity to work in diversified teams of professionals
• Good potential to grow professionally
NDF offers an international working environment and competitive remuneration package. Our unique position as an international financial institution provides a novel perspective on the development and climate change financing and a unique chance to broaden your expertise.
The position is located at the NDF headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
In this recruitment, we are cooperating with Mercuri Urval. Please send your CV and cover letter in English through www.mercuriurval.com ref.no. FI-15402 no later than July 31st. For additional information, please contact Mercuri Urval consultant Peter Aspenholt via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +358 407567316.