Business Finland generates growth and wellbeing by helping companies to grow faster, go global and develop innovations. At the same time, we create dynamic innovation environments that attract international companies, know-how and investments to Finland. Our top experts and the latest research data enable companies to seize market opportunities and turn them into success stories.
In line with our new strategy, we wish to be a proactive actor in society and a strong contributor in solving global challenges. Therefore, we are developing the Business Finland missions concept as a new future-oriented and dynamic way of working. With our Missions, we aim at creating value for the society broadly and finding significant future market opportunities for Finnish companies.
Missions address global challenges, speed up systemic changes in society and provide significant future market opportunities for Finnish companies. Missions bring together public and private actors to create the greatest possible value for the Finnish society.
We have selected two topics for piloting and developing the mission approach: the increase in productivity through digitalization, and carbon neutrality. Within these topics, we want to be particularly strong influencers and accelerators of change. We also want to ensure that within these fields, Finnish competences and competitiveness become as strong as possible.
We are now looking for two MISSION LEADS to define the strategic focus and objectives for these pilot missions. This also involves creating a long-term strategic road map and leading the operationalization of the missions. The work will be done in close collaboration with all Business Finland Services Areas as well as with our external stakeholders both in Finland and internationally.
The year 2021 will also be a year for developing the new concept. If you are interested in defining how value for Finland is best created within one of these topics with all BF tools and existing networks – these are pole positions!
As a Mission Lead, you will be a key player in implementing the missions as a part of Business Finland´s new strategy. You will be setting up strategic objectives, targets and a road map for the upcoming years for the mission under your responsibility, as well as lead the operationalization. You will lead a team in a matrix – implementing of the road map will be supported by all of our Service Areas. You will also have the chance to develop new best practices for achieving best possible results.
Furthermore, your role includes, but is not limited to:
- Define the strategic focus and objectives for the mission under your responsibility.
- Prepare a long term (around 5-year) Road Map for the mission where Business Finland’s role and related activities are defined.
- Lead the operationalization of the Road Map together with Business Finland´s customer service areas, especially the Business Finland programs.
- Lead a temporary team and allocate budgetary resources in an efficient and productive way.
- Lead the activities portfolio under the mission, and ensure maximal customer and societal value.
- Be responsible for strategic co-operation with national and international key stakeholders.
- Be an active communicator and ambassador within the mission topic
- Be one of the key players in developing the Mission concept.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
You are a persistent person who thinks big, gets excited, and shows passion. You are target oriented and experienced team worker, who believes in co-operation and networking. For you, outstanding networking skills mean being a bridge builder: ability to achieve trust, listen and understand others, and build lasting relations. You own an attitude of continuous self-improvement, always looking to improve your skills and widen knowledge. You are able to commit resources to reach challenging targets, enabling continuous development and creating new, fresh perspectives through cooperation. You proactively share information with colleagues near and far. You thrive on challenge and are not afraid of tackling problems, ranging from strategic to very hands-on issues.
To succeed in this job, we expect you to have:
- Profound understanding of one of the topics and the ongoing systemic changes within this field globally
- Excellent networking skills as well as broad knowledge of relevant Finnish actors both within the private and public sector (e.g. research and innovation)
- A vision of how BF's activities (all services) can accelerate and steer systemic change to serve the needs of society, and at the same time build long-term capabilities of Finnish actors to take full advantage of the related future global market opportunities.
- A creative mindset and development-oriented approach, as you will be developing new concepts and services necessary to achieve the mission objectives.
- An academic Master’s degree and a minimum of ten years’ of relevant working experience (e.g. within business and/or research and innovation in private sector)
- Knowledge in business administration planning & execution
- Fluency in Finnish and in English
- Knowledge of national and EU innovation policies in general is regarded as an asset
- Previous working experience from within the Team Finland network is regarded as an asset
If you wish to work as the mission lead for the digitalization related mission, we appreciate you to have
- Strong and wide expertise in digitalization and digital transformation, including understanding of the key enabling technologies (like 5G, AI etc.) as transformers.
- Broad understanding on the digital disruption and its linkages to productivity proofed by long and broad working experience
- Understanding of different perspectives on the topic (business, innovation, research, and other policy sectors in society)
If you wish to work as the mission lead for the Carbon neutrality related mission, we appreciate you to have
- Strong and wide knowledge and understanding on transformations that a carbon neutral society requires
- Broad and long experience within the field as well as competence for strategic planning from different perspectives (business, innovation, research, and other sectors in society)
- Strong understanding of the most important related areas of transformation (energy, mobility etc.) where the private sector has a major role in achieving societal impact
We also expect you to become (if you are not already) a thought leader in the field of your mission topic.
WHAT WE OFFER
Business Finland provides an overview of the business environment in Finland, and the entire world. Together we help Finnish companies go international and enhance the attractiveness of the Finnish competitive environment. Our actions have significant impact on the future of Finland. Being a part of our international and multicultural work environment, you will learn about a great variety of industries. As a versatile organization, we can develop your role and support you in fulfilling your career aspirations.
This position offers a great opportunity to be part of a fascinating development for new challenging concept to face the global challenges. Since these positions are new, you will have the opportunity to create innovative best practices.
We are very eager to start working with you, so please send your application and CV as well as your salary request as soon as possible, however no later than March 7th 2021. Please use the title Mission Lead / Digitalization or Mission Lead / Carbon Neutrality in your cover letter.
For additional information regarding the roles, please contact Heli Karjalainen, Senior Director, Strategic Insight, Tel. +358 40 5024484, firstname.lastname@example.org. Heli is available for your questions on Wednesday 17h of February from 8.00 to 9.30, on Tuesday 2nd March from 11.00 to 13.00 and on Thursday 4th March from 11.30 to 13.00.
The position is located in Helsinki.
This is a fixed-term position for three years.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be carrying out a security clearance check on a successful candidate with his/her con-sent in accordance with the Security Clearance Act 726/2014 of Finland. For more information on security clearance procedure and individual’s rights, please visit: https://www.supo.fi/security_clearances.