We are looking for a permanent
Mining Engineer, Process Improvement
Your main responsibility will be in mine optimizations and in developing medium and long term mine plans with respect of economical, geotechnical, safety and environmental aspects. You will support mining activities for continues improvement.
You will work alongside mining and operations team and be part of a global team of process improvement engineers to improve operations. You will be reviewing the performance data to identify and develop short and long term improvement plans to optimize various processes.
You will identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of sustainability, quality, cost, performance and safety. You will learn and apply continuous improvement, value creation and financial acumen skills to accelerate profitability and lower conversion cost of manufacturing facility. You will design and implement continuous Improvement projects, reporting monthly on status and savings. The position can be located either at Sotkamo site or at Outokumpu site.
To succeed in this role, we expect the following:
- Master's degree in Mining Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the mining industry, preferably with a background of minerals processing
- Geotechnical knowledge
- Experience with Geovia-mine planning and scheduling software or similar
- Experience with GIS-framework for mapping and data analysis is a benefit
- Continuous improvement minded and good problem solving skills
- Initiative, flexibility and good co-operation skills
- Fluent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and in Finnish
- Certifications in Six Sigma (Green Belt, Lean, etc.), preferred
- International experience is a benefit
We offer you an interesting and challenging position in an international working environment.
For more information about the position, please contact on 12th of November at 11:00 - 15:00 or
on Thursday 19th of November at 10:00 -14:00,
Global Process Improvement Director - Minerals Colin Smith, tel. +44 1506 446020.
Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation in English to email@example.com
latest by 25.11.2020.