Microsoft Engineer to Aktia's TechOps team
Aktia Pankki Oyj
Aktia IT is fearless in trying new technologies and in using those to create a great customer experience. We believe that our efforts create the best digital bank and asset manager in Finland. We like team players that are ready to get their hands into tech and keep their finger on the pulse. We work with agility and see any challenge as an opportunity to improve. Are you willing to go a step further to create quality customer experiences? You might be the one we are looking for!
We are now looking for an experienced Microsoft specialist to Aktia's TechOps team for permanent employment!
Meaningful tasks and a working environment using new technology. You will be working in Aktia's TechOps team, together with other hardcore specialists. The TechOps team’s task is to maintain and develop Aktia's own infrastructure and platform services, including a modern HCI environment and public cloud services such as Azure and Amazon AWS. Our goal is to enable smooth banking IT services and to participate in building new innovations within banking that will be built on top of current technology.
Description of duties and areas of responsibility
You are familiar with the maintenance and development of Windows environments. As drive platforms for workloads in your everyday duties you are familiar with e.g. VMware, AWS and Azure. You are able to manage the automation of infrastructure as well as the automation of application platforms. You build and design also complex environments to Azure or AWS. Ansible and Windows does not sound like an intimidating combination to you. If you occasionally have to log into Linux you will not be at a loss. You can handle the maintenance and installation of physical servers in the server room as well as of modern cloud server rooms. It is to your advantage if MS SQL and Failover Clusters are familiar to you also from other than educational materials.
We expect our new colleague to have
• several years of experience from the maintenance of Windows-based server environments
• experience from using cloud services as Windows drive platforms (AWS / Azure)
• skills in directory services (AD)
• skills in server automation (e.g. Ansible)
• an understanding of VMware as driver platform for Windows workloads
• experience in the maintenance of MS SQL environments and clusters
• competence in maintenance and building of an Office 365 environment in demanding surroundings
• an understanding of data security as a part of everyday routines and of the maintenance of critical environments
• good team working skills: competence, skills, mistakes and insights are shared openly between everyone.
• Applicable Microsoft certificates
• Experience from log maintenance
• Competence in Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
• A DevOps-minded approach
• Competence in scripting languages
• A great willingness to grow and develop
In addition to significant employee benefits and a competitive salary we also offer you:
• A competent and inspired team where everybody encourages each other. We perform our work with ambition and always get down to business, whether it is a question of everyday routines or the fearless promotion of our own development ideas. At Aktia we value each and everyone’s skills and, in addition, a top manager and professional colleagues give you advice and spar you in all matters.
• Good learning and development opportunities. In your duties you have the opportunity to develop as a professional. To us a broad utilization and a continuous development of competence is everything so that we can be one step ahead as experts within the financial sector and digitalization. We want to be experts of the future that have the courage to think further.
Are you interested and want to hear more? For additional information about the task or working at Aktia, please contact Jarkko Stråhle, tel. +358 45 270 5555 or email@example.com.
Send in your application at 12 August 2020 at the latest.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found.