Method Process Engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Method Process Engineer
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Requisition ID: 132671BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments and develops and manufactures clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
Take a look how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://youtu.be/wDm4NLxq3nI
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting Method Process Engineer to join the Research and Development department based in Vantaa, Finland.
This Method Process Engineer will be part of the Clinical Mass Spectrometry (CMS) R&D diagnostic team and responsible for leading product and process improvement efforts, in addition to performing sustaining activities for commercially available liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) methods of the Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative working environment.
• Working cross-functionally to successfully execute Nonconformity (NC) studies and Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) investigation projects related to the Cascadion assays and their components according to Quality Systems Requirements.
• Participating in product and process improvement initiatives related to methods and their components.
• Keeping Cascadion Assay Design History Files (DHF) up to date and implement product documentation and other needed changes according to the Product Change Practice.
• Participating in method design transfer activities according to needs.
• Master (M. Sc.) or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with experience of working in In Vitro Diagnostic industry or other regulated environment.
• Previous experience of product design change and document change control.
• Experience of CAPA procedure.
• Hands-on experience with R&D product development work and/or scientific work.
• Previous experience with LC-MS/MS technology, method development, validation and data analysis is preferred.
• Previous experience of international quality system requirements and regulations of In Vitro Diagnostic medical devices including but not limited to FDA CFR 21 820 and ISO 13485 is a plus.
• Previous Experience of Risk Management ISO 14971:2012 is considered an advantage.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows based applications, internet technology, and statistical analysis software.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Good spoken and written English.
• Excellent time-management, planning and organization skills to handle and efficiently manage high workload and meet timelines.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 30th November 2020. Reference: 132671BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Sirpa Riistama-Laari Senior Manager, Diagnostics Specialty Diagnostics Group on Thursday 29th October between 1-2pm or Thursday 5th November 2-3 pm.
Recruiter is John Kirtley @firstname.lastname@example.org</"font-size:10.0pt;">About us:
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com