We are looking for a high caliber and highly experienced commissioning manager / pulp mill expert to primarily manage commissioning in the mega projects in Valmet’s Pulp and Energy business line portfolio. Your commissioning organization will comprise of commissioning leads from individual technology packages and your job will be to ensure a collective drive to fulfill the performance requirements with a unified Valmet approach. Making sure that safety, performance, financial, and quality targets are all achieved is your responsibility.
You will already be involved in the planning phase ensuring a solid plan to get a smooth hand over from construction to commissioning and develop the commissioning plan. As the cold commissioning starts you have a team of experts to support you through your journey to a timely project completion. Your previous experience has taken you through this journey before and you have the acquired the skills to navigate, together with our talented organization, through the challenges that you will no doubt face. Our customers demand that we are competitive, and you will support our organization to develop and drive for efficient performance and continuously look for synergies. You are also an avid preacher of continuous improvement and religiously feed back to the organization where we can be better.
Majority of the work will be site based in different parts of the world. Your primarily home base location can be any of the Nordic Valmet locations.
Your first task will be to be involved in the Kemi Bio product mill project in Northern Finland. During the project you will primarily report to the Project Director.
To be successful in this position you have:
- At least 10 years of experience in pulp and energy process start-ups and commissioning.
- Pulp mill process experience for example via working for technology provider, consultancy or production environment
- Knowledge how to test, trouble shoot and commission pulp and energy technologies which you need when you lead the way and navigate through challenges from construction handover to performance test
- Relevant educational background (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering)
- Competency and ability to develop modern tools and processes regarding project and commissioning management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to motivate people, assure relevant stakeholders on your view and vision to commissioning while working according to our solid site management processes
- Excellent skills in English (written and verbal) with ability to influence the discussion with stakeholders to achieve your goals. Finnish/Swedish skills are beneficial but not mandatory
You will be the face towards our customer for commissioning related issues and it is important to ensure unified Valmet approach and message.
We offer you an extremely exciting, varying and challenging job with good development opportunities in a global industry. You will be part of the Valmet’s expert network which extends around the globe but you’ll also have the support of your local team. At Valmet we are committed driving our customers performance forward and you have the chance to make your contribution and let your skills shine to meet our common goals.
For additional information please call Peter Anson, VP, Project Excellence, +358 40 7698157.
Please fill out our electronic application form with your CV by 15.8.2021
Join the team and share the feeling of making a difference!When everything works togetherValmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 14 000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers' performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how - and above all, teamwork.