Medical Affairs Manager Cell & Gene
Job ID 234900BR
Position Title Medical Affairs Manager Cell & Gene
Business Unit ONCOLOGY
Work Location Stockholm
Company/Legal Entity NOV SVERIGE SWE
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Job Description Medical Affairs Manager Cell & Gene, Novartis, Any Nordic Country
Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will be recognized for your contribution and commitment? Look no further, apply today for Medical Affairs Manager Cell & Gene.
The purpose of the Medical Affairs Manager Cell & Gene role is to build CTL019 and CGT pipeline awareness and to advocate and support product solutions in alignment with compound or brand strategy by exchange of scientific information/insights clinical trial support and projects in collaboration with GDD team. To support the education and onboarding of treatment centers as part of local country activities.
- To engage in scientific discussions related to Novartis CTL019/ CGT pipeline with Medical Experts to support exchange of scientific information/insights to advance understanding of new scientific principles, new trends and current scientific debates (e.g. local AdBoards, scientific meetings, regular discussions)
- To provide scientific and educational information to healthcare professionals on critical issues regarding specific patients
- To develop long-term professional relationships, build advocacy and gather the insights of current and future KOL/decision makers
- To provide external and internal training on scientific data and CTL019
- To act as an important strategic internal partner for Novartis and to provide continuous input on customers´ views on CGT pipeline and products.
- To collect, analyze and report insights that may impact NVS development or market access of Novartis CGT products.
- To gather competitive intelligence and to map/profile KOL/decision makers and sites in accordance with segmentation for assigned brands/ compounds
- To provide recommendations on sites’ feasibility and quality research
- To raise greater awareness of Novartis’s clinical research/trial program to enhance patient identification and trial accrual
- To educate centres on the medical and safety aspects of patient treatment with CTL019 as part of the onboarding activities by working with local team and regional team
- To support the engagement of centres in order to manage high level relationships with KOL as well as Administrators and potentially apheresis centres (in compliance with NTO policies and processes)
- In our high-performance team environment, the role requires key cross-functional collaboration with Medical Director, GDD, Marketing/Brand Teams, Regional Sales Representatives, Key Account Managers, Market Access Managers, Scientific and Medical Communication Managers, Field Access Managers, GenMed counterparts
- To contribute to develop the ORE and National Medical Plan
- To contribute to international and regional studies by means of Medical input for Clinical Development Plans, study protocols, choice of study centres, feasibility studies, collaborating with GDD and HQ/ORE
- To develop study concepts, inspection plans and study finalization reports for national studies or preclinical research To develop and support NIS
- To support IITs and preclinical research
- To write articles, publications and congress reviews as per ORE Medical Plan
Novartis is a global healthcare company based in Switzerland that provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide. In Novartis Group we focus on three areas – innovative medicines (Pharmaceuticals & Oncology), eye care (Alcon) and generics (Sandoz). We have offices in all four Nordic countries and we are approximately 900 associates.
Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people's lives. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. Corporate responsibility is central to how we run our business. We focus our CR work in two key areas: expanding access to healthcare and doing business responsibly.
As a global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each of us is different. At Novartis, we aspire to move beyond stereotypes, assumptions and bias to bring these differences together every day. To operate successfully as a global organization, it is essential that our people reflect the rich cultural, ethnic and gender diversity of our markets. Diversity of our workforce enhances customer insight and our ability to meet the needs of patients and other stakeholders. Retaining the most qualified talent adds value to our company, our customers, our employees, our shareholders, our suppliers and the communities in which we live and work.
Culture and Values
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.
Our values and behaviors are:
Innovation - by experimenting and delivering solutions
Quality - by taking pride in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well
Collaboration - by championing high performing teams with diversity and inclusion
Performance - by prioritizing and making things happen with urgency
Courage - by speaking up, giving and receiving feedback
Integrity - by advocating and applying high ethical standards every day
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme for employees on all levels
- Pension & Insurance Scheme
- “Be Healthy” initiatives to promote associate health and prevent future health issues
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
The ideal candidate will have:
- MD, PharmD, pharmacist, PHD and other life-sciences or equivalent with solid medical/technical background and proven competencies including influencing, negotiation, presentation skills, clinical research insights, business and market knowledge.
- Minimum 4 years relevant oncology post doctoral, academic, industry or government experience
- Demonstrated record of success in Oncology, Hematology, Transplantation or Immunology within an Academic Institutional setting strongly preferred
- Proven ability to establish and cultivate key relationships
- Strong Strategic skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven ability to manage complex settings that involve multiple stakeholders and the ability to interact with medical and administrative officials at all levels and in large numbers (~15-20 stakeholders per site)
- High level or learning agility and people agility
- High level of emotional intelligence to manage complex and difficult stakeholder situations
- Collaborative mindset to manage interactions with regional onboarding, service teams, and to work locally with Hematology teams and medical teams
- Ability to take measured risks and to learn from them with a tolerance for failure
- Ability to drive decisions in a quick and nimble way within high technology environments
- Able to operate in ambiguity and to adapt to change while developing new solutions, through strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written & presentation skills), computer skills,
- Demonstrated ability to be creative / think “outside-the-box”
- Up to 60%-80% travel within a defined geography (travel will vary by geography)
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We kindly ask you to apply with an English version of your CV and if shortlisted you can expect a call from an international number.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1109210
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Espoo, Ulkomaat/Norja, Ulkomaat/Ruotsi, Ulkomaat/Tanska, Avoin