We are urgently looking for experienced Mechanical Supervisors for our client in El Salvador. Starting date is as soon as possible and the estimated end of the project is 31.12.2021.
Overview: The Mechanical Supervisors will be responsible for managing and supervising piping works by organising and controlling the performance of the construction and assembly work and ensuring full compliance with safety and quality standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Operational and Technical
- Evaluation of the Mechanical design, correction etc.
- Installation Supervision, advising mechanical systems
- Supervising all piping, welding, supporting, steel structures, units, etc. their mechanical functioning
- Testing the systems according to installation instructions and manufacturer’s guidance
- Reporting weekly to Section Manager/ Site Manager / Project Manager depending on the project organization
- Following the safety rules of the installation, reporting if any risks.
- Complete the project and given tasks
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by following the development of the mechanical engineering
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure work completion in accordance with the latest revision of Issued for Construction (IFC) drawings, specification, Request for Information (RFI) and other project design information
- Supervise craft crews to ensure completion of works and schedule quality and specifications
- Coordinate arrangements between craft personnel and subcontractors to provide appropriate work site access to all parties
- Motivate, direct, align and guide the team for best performance, monitor performance and provide continuous appraisal & feedback
- Empower subordinates and provide apt tools and technique including process improvement suggestions and follow up on implementation
- Work daily with the project controls teams for planning and scheduling installations to meet project deadlines and targets
- Plan daily and weekly supervisory and manpower distribution.
- Ensure all activities are in adherence to the local HSEQ requirements
- Ensure a safe workplace is provided for all site personnel
- Document all violations, notify project management, recommend and implement corrective actions as required
- Conduct frequent audits and document the outcomes to verify that enough efforts have been put in the areas of productivity, safety and quality
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Above average proficiency in basic computer software
- Open, Honest, Hardworking and a positive attitude
- 5 years working experience in a similar position
- Steel structures supervision experience
- Piping supervising expertise
- Welding, mechanical supervising experience
- Experience in exhaust piping area, cooling piping or steam piping
- Quality understanding, ability to explain and justify solutions of engineering designs, Having knowledge of mechanical systems, troubleshooting, testing, mechanical quality focus, analyzing information
- Good Planning and execution skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent English language skills required
- Spanish language knowledge is beneficial
By applying you will create your own job seeker profile and you will be a part of our candidate network. We will be able to offer you suitable job opportunities also in the future.
Please send us your CV in English. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.