We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Vaasa. You will be working in global product development projects from the concept stage through to finished products.
• Technical documentation, design, FEM analysis and testing
• Active collaboration with stakeholders
• A challenging and varied position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The possibility to further your career in a global company
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge of design programs such as Team Center and NX
• The ability to work and produce documentation fluently in English
• Analytical and logical mindset
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Experience in technical documentation and project management
• Knowledge of FEM and CFD analysis and simulation tools
• Experience in mechanical design for low voltage motors
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63841486 by March 4th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Pasi Viitanen, tel. +358 50 334 3940.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. www.abb.com