Mechanical Engineering Manager
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Mechanical Engineering Manager
As Mechanical Engineering Manager you manage our growing Mechanical Engineering unit. The main task of the Mechanical Engineering unit is to ensure the compliancy of the mechanical equipment and components with the requirements during design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning by reviewing design documentation and plans. All these activities are done in close relation with suppliers and nuclear authorities. The mechanical engineering team consists of experts in fields of e.g. strength analysis, materials, welding, corrosion, pumps, pressure vessels, valves.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Management of the Mechanical Engineering unit in accordance with company policies
- Short, Mid and Long term planning and development of the unit activities
- Coordination of evaluation and approval of design documentation, plans and manufacturing and quality procedures
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
- Communication and interaction with the plant supplier and safety authorities
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- At least 10 years’ experience in the area of machines and mechanical components, knowledge of their manufacturing
- Experience in nuclear power plant design and awareness of western nuclear industry specific technical and qualification requirements
- Strong experience of acting as a supervisor and active and solution oriented attitude
- Language skills: advanced in English both verbally and in writing, Finnish and Russian considered as advantage
- Willingness to travel
We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to take responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 23.9.2019: https://www.fennovoima.fi/en/careers/open-positions. For further information, please contact Engineering Director Petri Jyrälä tel. +358 (0)20 757 8650 on 18.9. at 9-11 or Psycon consultant Helmi Viertiö tel. +358 (0)20 7101 235 on Thu 19.9. at 13-14:30. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: The work location at first is in Helsinki office but starting in Pyhäjoki office can also be negotiated. Later the work location will be in Pyhäjoki.
Click here to learn more about the team: