We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager at ABB Oy, Transformers unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will manage a team of designers and engineers to deliver high-quality, cost-effective and timely engineering solutions to customers. You will be working with the most advanced transformer and reactor designs that the industry has to offer.
• Formulating plans and allocating resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets
• Ensuring the team's compliance with standard processes, procedures, practices and safety requirements.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or electrical engineering
• Good understanding of engineering, manufacturing and material technology
• Familiarity with MS Office, parametric 3D and CAD (CREO, NX)
• Leadership and management skills
• Systematic way of working, tolerance for stress, team-working skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• German, Russian, Swedish, or Norwegian language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66281730 by August 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Timo Tuomisto, tel. + 358 50 334 2340.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com