Sartorius Biohit Liquid Handling Oy
We are now looking for a skilled Mechanical Engineer with a passion for science, technology and innovation. This position is based in Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- You will be developing high end liquid handling consumables and other products for demanding laboratory applications
- In this position you are able to make the technical decisions that define our future products and you can grow to take leading role in the product segment
- Coordinating technical development in multi-site projects (mostly Helsinki-Kajaani)
- Ensure alignment of technical and commercial requirements between different stakeholders
- Job profile can be tailored depending on applicant’s experience and personal preference
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- Experience in injection molded parts design and injection molding process
- Several years of experience in demanding mechanical engineering projects
- Capability to lead technical development in projects by setting an example and coaching more junior engineers
- Master/Bachelor level degree or similar education in the relevant technology area
- Knowledge of some high-end 3D CAD system. We use mainly Creo
- An active approach to problem solving and good interpersonal skills
- Team-player attitude with strong commitment towards agreed goals and deadlines
- Good communication and collaboration skills to support work in cross-functional teams
- Fluent oral and written communication in Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Laboratory/medical product and quality systems experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in additive manufacturing
- SAP Knowledge
- Experience in simulation tools
- Willingness to travel occasionally, as a global company Sartorius has sites in several countries
Why work at Sartorius?
- Our world-leading laboratory products enable scientists to develop innovative medications to combat serious illnesses. Be a part of this!
- Agile working in projects and an open culture are givens at Sartorius. We offer a possibility to work in a highly agile R&D unit where mechanics integrate to software solutions. To support this, we have world-class prototyping tools including high-end 3D printers and full machine shop capabilities including staff to support the projects. At the moment we are also building a new injection molding unit to support consumable product R&D.
- Great possibilities for career development. Sartorius supports international job rotation and offers individual career paths for experts and managers
- Stable working environment as a part of highly sustainable company
- International collaboration: Sartorius is present in 110 countries and employs people from 80 nations
- The wellbeing of our employees is very important for us. Therefore, we offer flexible work environment, extensive occupational healthcare services, opportunities for learning and development and supported lunch and wellbeing services
- To make Sartorius a great place to work we support our company values: Sustainability, Openness and Enjoyment. At Sartorius work and fun go together!
Does the position offered match your skill set? If yes, we look forward to receiving your job application in English careers.Finland@SARTORIUS.com (including your CV, salary request and the earliest date you can start working). We will start interviewing suitable candidates right away, so apply now!
For more information, please contact Mechanical Engineering Manager Jukka Kaasinen, +358 50 5219 295. Jukka is available on Tuesday 26th of January and Thursday 28th of January at 10-12 am.
You can also send e-mail to Jukka.Kaasinen@sartorius.com
Find out more about us: https://www.sartorius.com/en