We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work in R&D in the talented HW development team at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. You will be developing new mechanics for protection and communication products as well as updating existing ones. You will work in close cooperation with the global production and provide R&D support for various other ABB functions.
• Developing and maintaining mechanics for electronic protection and communication products
• Cooperation with global manufacturers
• Providing R&D support for other ABB functions
• A challenging position in an R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Experience of CAD systems
• Knowledge of various production methods and materials
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• A few years' relevant work experience
• Experience of SolidWorks
• An understanding of EMC design rules
• Knowledge of design tools for electronics
• The ability to focus on details and quality
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64597342 by January 6, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Tuomo Rintamäki, tel. +358 50 33 43150.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com