Mechanical Engineer, Valves
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Mechanical Engineer, Valves
As a Valve Engineer, you are responsible for technical requirements set for valves and for reviewing and approval of them in technical specifications. You will coordinate activities related to valve design approvals with the supplier and sub-suppliers, Fennovoima inter-discipline colleagues and Safety Authorities during all phases of the project. You will also follow up the consideration of technical specifications and analyses in design, manufacturing and testing in different stages and approvals schedule. You will ensure that suppliers follow the requirements set in specifications and related standards and in case of need, train them. You will follow in your own work and require in supplier’s activities high safety culture principles during the whole process.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Review and approval of valve specifications
- Review and approval of valve design, manufacturing and testing documentation
- Providing technical expertise in the area of valve engineering
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- Knowledge of pressure equipment related European norms (EN) and standards
- Experience on design, manufacturing or testing of valves is an advantage
- Experience in nuclear field, understanding the YVL guide requirements and/or other nuclear specific codes and standards is an advantage
- Fluent English language skills, Finnish and Russian are an advantage.
- We appreciate professional and positive team players who are eager to assume responsibility and have the desire to develop new power generation.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 10.8.2020: https://fennovoima.fi/en/careers/open-positions. For further information, please contact Equipment Team Manager Juha Isometsä tel.
+358 (0)20 7578 548 on Mon 3.8. at 13:00-14:00 or on Fri 7.8. at 12:00-13:00, or Psycon Consultant Pekka Airaksinen tel. +358 (0)20 7101 222 on Tue 30.6. at 11:00-12:00 on Thu 6.8. at 15:00-16:00. You will find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Work location: Capital region for 1-2 years, then Pyhäjoki.