Mechanical Design Engineer
Coherent Inc is one of the world's leading providers of lasers and laser-based solutions for industry and science. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, and with offices around the world, Coherent offers a unique range of products and services for scientific research, life sciences, microelectronics and industrial materials processing. In Finland Corelase Ltd, part of Coherent, is a versatile expert of high-power laser technology. We design, develop and manufacture high power, turn-key fiber laser systems for various applications, such as welding of e-mobility parts. We have a strong emphasis on product development and future technology.
We have a tech and business-oriented work environment in our efficient team of about 80 people and we offer great possibilities for professional growth. We work among the leading professionals in laser technology in international teams. In addition, we offer a competitive remuneration package which includes, among others, an excellent health insurance and wide occupational health care services. We also embrace the right work-life balance with our flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely.
Do you want to be part of future technologies? Are you interested in mechanics and committed in high quality work? If yes, come work with us and build future with laser technologies. Our innovative R&D Department is currently seeking a
Mechanical Design Engineer
to ensure the high quality and agile progress of our projects. This is a permanent position located at our site in Tampere.
In this position you will participate in different product development projects. Your main responsibilities include designing of mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. You will conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. You will generate documents in 2D and 3D format for manufacturing and documentation purposes. In this position you might also be participating in design verification and prototyping.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work as a mechanical designer in various projects
- Maintain SolidWorks libraries and design files
- Create and maintain BOM documentation
- Participate in various and diverse product development projects as technical specialist and designer
- Co-operate closely with stakeholders like subcontractors, manufacturing or project team members
We are looking for a person with:
- Expertise in mechanical designing and experience in the designing of machined and sheet metal parts
- Deep understanding of SolidWorks
- Strong understanding of 3D modeling and generating 2D pictures
- Some experience of PDM tools
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is considered an advantage
- Experience in electrification and its modeling (electrical wiring, circuit board 3D modeling, etc.) is also seen as an advantage
- A self-initiated person with positive attitude to project work
- Prioritizing skills and an independent approach to work
- Fluent written and oral proficiency in Finnish and English
We offer you:
- A possibility to work in a truly international environment
- A possibility to develop the products of the future together with a strongly innovative organization
- Various possibilities to develop your personal and professional competencies in a world's leading company in laser technology
In case this position is your next step in your career, please send your application as soon as possible, latest on November 29th, 2020 at www.adecco.fi. We will arrange meetings with top candidates already during the application period. For additional information please contact Tiinaleena Anttila, tel. 050 386 9841.