Mechanical Design Engineer
Your primary role is to create 2D and 3D designs for Canatu’s touch and heater products as well as creating designs for production & R&D development equipment and Canatu’s production infrastructure.
The role comprises both 2D and 3D designs with supporting documentation and is an important and challenging function within the company. The ideal candidate has a strong background in 3D design (e.g. SolidWorks, CATIA), creating metallic or polymer-based mechanical structures. A background in thermoforming and injection mold design is highly desirable. The employment is fixed term for 12 months.
- Create touch sensor and heater designs for customer projects (2D and/or 3D designs)
- Development of Canatu’s design and simulation capability for both 2D and 3D products
- Creation of mechanical specifications and drawings for Canatu’s product and R&D infrastructure
- Own the CAD design process from concept to delivery, including supporting documentation
- Management of Canatu’s print screen orders and screen stock
- Maintenance and upkeep of the Canatu design library, including the design files and supporting materials for production
- Maintain a high standard of quality and revision control throughout the CAD process
- 3-5 years with an emphasis on mechanical design
- 3-5 years design and simulation for thermoforming and injection molding of plastic parts is very desirable
- A basic working knowledge of electrical circuits and connectivity
- Experience in one of these segments is considered an advantage: Automotive, Touch sensors design, Heater design
Requirements and skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with design processes within a quality control system
- Strong quality control mentality: rigorous revision and approvals control, documentation and attention to detail
- Self-driven – desire to “get things done” and to develop new skill sets in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Practical and hands-on (willing to get hands dirty)
- Good English written and verbal communication, other languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Finnish) are a bonus
For additional information, please contact Kim Toivonen, firstname.lastname@example.org.