We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position, you will take part in product development projects in the R&D department. Your responsibilities include mechanical design and simulation of cabinet drives. You will collaborate with product engineering and production as well as with subcontractors and other stakeholders.
• Mechanical design of enclosed frequency converters
• Supporting production and suppliers of mechanical components
• Improving performance of cabinet drives with simulations
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The possibility to develop your professional skills in the field of mechanical engineering
• Access to ABB’s global trainings for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career within ABB
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical engineering
• A few years’ experience working on a relevant field
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering, including designing of sheet metals, bus bars extruded parts and plastics
• Good knowledge of PTC Creo mechanical engineering software
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of thermal and structural design
• Knowledge of simulation tools (e.g. FloEFD, Abaqus) and IT tools (Microsoft Office, SAP)
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66113816 by November 11, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jaani Kärppä +358 50 3322 518.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com