We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Vaasa. You will be part of a highly skilled engineering team. In addition to the mechanical design of motors, your role also includes teamwork with other stakeholders within the factory organization as well as global sales.
• Mechanical design of customer-specific, low-voltage induction motors
• Order-specific documentation
• Close co-operation with electrical engineering.
• A challenging position in an order-focused engineering team, responsible for the on-time design of customer-specific low-voltage motors
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development, for example developing knowledge of configuration architecture.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering
• Customer-oriented mindset, team-playing skills and the ability to make quick decisions
• Familiarity with MS Office and SAP
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of mechanical engineering and CAD
• Experience of electric drive systems or electric motors
• Knowledge of industrial applications
• Other language skills besides Finnish and English.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65616459 by July 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha Vuorinen, (Mon-Fri 8a.m.–4.p.m.) tel. +358 50 334 3243.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com