We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for customer-specific design at our synchronous machines unit. In this position, you will work in close cooperation with sales, product development, project management and manufacturing. You have strong cooperation skills and a systematic and responsible way of working.
• Project-specific mechanical design
• Supporting manufacture and purchasing operations
• Providing technical sales support together with product development
• Answering technical queries from suppliers
• Technical after-sales support
• Interesting and challenging tasks in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company in areas such as project management, product development, or a supervisor position
• A suitable degree in mechanical engineering, plus work experience of 1–3 years (M.Sc.) or several years (B.Sc.)
• Knowledge of motor engineering, materials and industrial engineering
• Design of welded structures, and basic skills in strength calculation and structural dimensioning
• Knowledge of sleeve and roller bearings
• Knowledge of dimensioning and applications of electrical motors
• Experience in 3D design systems such as IDEAS or NX
• Knowledge of product information systems, such as Teamcenter
• A systematic and analytical method of working
• Fluent Finnish and good English skills
Ideally, you have
• SAP user skills
• Competence in analytical calculation
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64641497 by June 3, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Antti Leino, tel. +358 50 332 5181.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com