Do you want to join us to develop cyber range in maritime supply chain?
VTT has a solid background in solving cybersecurity challenges in several different industrial and public domains. We find the best solutions from ensuring the security of consumer products to protecting critical infrastructure. We work in multi-disciplinary project teams to develop cyber ranges for training people with various backgrounds to identify and handle potential cyber threats in their working environment.
We are looking for a motivated Master’s thesis worker with an interest in cybersecurity, cyber ranges (virtual training environments), and improving people’s capabilities to identify and handle potential cyber threat situations. You are willing to develop your cybersecurity skills in collaboration with researchers and industrial companies within the EU. You are a MSc student with a good study record and you are close to finishing your studies.
The content of the work will be tailored according to the Master's thesis worker's skills and practical experience. We will provide an interesting and challenging work opportunity in a dynamic research project. The job is located in Oulu, Finland.
You will participate in the international research project Cyber-MAR (https://www.cyber-mar.eu/) as a member of the VTT project team developing a virtual training environment for maritime supply chain domain (covering Information and Operational Technology scenarios).
In this role you get to:
• Help develop and improve a cyber range environment and related modules to conduct cyber trainings/exercises as part of your Master's thesis work
• Carry out a literature review, report it in English and analyse the results to draw conclusions
• Compile a suggestion on how to improve and develop the cyber range or specific related module(s) and report the key findings as a part of your Master’s thesis
• Bachelor level studies and close to finishing your MSc studies in Computer Science and Engineering or in another relevant field
• Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, Java)
• Interest towards cybersecurity and learning new things
• The team works in English, so written and verbal communication skills in English are a must. The language of the Master’s thesis will be English.
In addition, we value experience with Linux systems and virtual machines, as well as cybersecurity know-how and hands-on experience.
• Willing to learn new things
• Self-driven with proactive and analytical mindset
• Team-player with good collaboration skills but also willing to work independently
• You get things done and communicate about possible obstacles so that we can find solutions together
VTT is a place to make a difference in collaboration with other brilliant minds. Our mission is to create impact that generates sustainable growth and wellbeing in society as well as in industry.
Our people are the core of the next generation VTT. Therefore, our personnel’s wellbeing, flexible work opportunities and competence development are key priorities for us.
With us, you can make an impact for a better future and you can be part of solving the biggest challenges of our time.
The duration of the Master's Thesis work period is 6-9 months and the work would start as soon as possible, at the latest in the beginning of June 2021. The position is filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
For more information about the position, you can contact Senior Scientist, Project manager Anna-Mari Heikkilä (email@example.com, tel. +358207223490).
Please send your CV and application through our recruitment system as soon as possible but by the 18th of April 2021 at the latest!